Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Twitter – for
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

**** or not?

why would people be arsed about what you are currently whiitering on about? If you are not interesting enough for people to listen in real life, wtf would they be interested in you twittering?

Dougal
    Free Member

The great thing about Twitter is you can choose who to follow, and ignore the boring people. You can also ignore the whole thing, maybe that’s what you should try.

grantmitchell
    Free Member

twitter

…that bit of flesh between the ****t and sh1tter?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

racing_ralph
    Free Member

CFH – genuine lollage

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Oh and brant – because i don’t fawn over your products, your life, and your shed it gives me time to enjoy my real passion along with millions worldwide – football. Only understood by blokes without their heads up their own arses.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

“Failed bike journo, you’re just a failed bike journo” or “shed full of rubbish, he’s got a shed full of rubbish, shed full of rubbish”

Which do you prefer?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Only understood by blokes without their heads up their own arses.

? I dont understand football? My head is not up my arse?

miketually
    Free Member

What’s bitten racing_ralph on the arse?

MrNutt
    Free Member

me.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

not you mr nutt – you are a fluffy bunny 😉

kelvin

Twitter is like forums, but better, more personal, less ‘single interest.’

DezB
    Free Member

MrNutt is a Twitter celeb.

I’ve found a use for it, seeing as Singletrack won’t give me a prize, I searched for bands and artists I like and got loads of free downloads. I don’t put anything about myself on there, but if people are giving stuff away I’m gonna seek them out.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The only two worthwhile twitterers;

brant
    Free Member

Which do you prefer?

racing_ralph – either’s good. I don’t think anyone’s made a football chant about you 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Is it really worth getting into though? I mean…really? Simon Mayo and Mark Kermode (3 o’clock on a Friday, one of the best hours of radio during the week) are always on about it. I hear them and wonder am I missing out on something. I did the same with Facebook, signed up, saw the good side, saw the crap side, got bored, then got not-bored and now cycle between the two every few months. I feel life would be largely the same without it, but if I didn’t have it, I know I’d wonder what I was missing out on.

My mates and I keep up great little entertaining conversations every day via text messaging which we all really enjoy and have a laugh with. Is this enough? Should I be following everyone on twitter or what?

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Surely it has to be failed bike journo? Much more personal. Shed full of rubbish is way to general, I will take it though if no-one else wants it? Shame to waste it.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Simon Mayo and Mark Kermode (3 o’clock on a Friday, one of the best hours of radio during the week)

One of the only things outside of Radio 4 that is truly brilliant. Always great radio that section! Listened to the last edition driving across the tank tracks of the Plain to the country pad and chuckled heartily.

If you’ve never heard them, please do make the effort to listen in.

geoffj

I can see two uses for it:
    1) Sort of like group email / text messages for a group of mates to chat throughout the day; and
    2) Another channel to be advertised / marketed to.

Give it 12 months and there’ll be something new to replace it.

Facebook anyone?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Facebook anyone?

The few people I know who twitter are rapidly declining in their regularity of twitterage.

showerman
    Free Member

looks like ralph has got a ban

brant
    Free Member

looks like ralph has got a ban

shame.

brant
    Free Member

Should I be following everyone on twitter or what?

What’s the worst that can happen?

I don’t think anyone’s claiming it’s a cure for cancer, but for shits and giggles, why not.

It’s changed my life in a generally positive way I’d say.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Isn’t there already an audio-type twitter that’s the, like, next big thing, like?

One of the only things outside of Radio 4 that is truly brilliant

How true, glad to hear you’re a fan. The interaction between them is excellent. Speaking of Radio 4, I’ve been switching the radio over for women’s hour recently…now that is a great program. Jane Garvey is nowhere near as wasted there as she was on 5Live.

Fighting Talk’s worth a listen too though…sometimes.

geoffj

looks like ralph has got a ban 🙁

geoffj

Fighting Talk’s worth a listen too though…sometimes.

Very sometimes!

Isn’t the Kermode film review available as a podcast?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Isn’t the Kermode film review available as a podcast?

Yep, sure is. Always up there in the charts. Well, hang on, the 3 o’clock to 4 o’clock bit is podcasted. Kermode has his own section on BBC website too but I don’t think there’s any podcast of that stuff…could be wrong though.

Oh, and “Hello to Jason Isaacs and Fairport Convention”. Hehe, Friday just wouldn’t be the same without them.

miketually
    Free Member

People keep comparing Twitter and Facebook, but I don’t see the comparison.

I use Facebook to keep a tab on what family and friends are currently up to now that they’re spread all over the place.

I’m not sure that I could easily describe what I use Twitter for. Sharing interesting bits and pieces and random banter, mainly with people who ride, make, sell of promote bikes?

Free Member

Weird, rob’s a good lad and certainly enjoyable to be in the company of – and i’d quite happily entertain the idea of a cuppa and a slice of cake with Brant too – regardless of my views on bike kit. (I can say the same about a few others on here, but perhaps they share the same view about me too?)

Mind you, I think the whole twitter thing is a bit sad, but this comes from someone who uses facebook…

Football is a pile of cr*p anyway, never mind some little singsong, what a load of old b*ll*x.

Yes, i’m bored, topped up on painkillers and not a particularly enjoyable glass of red.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Football is a pile of cr*p anyway, never mind some little singsong, what a load of old b*ll*x.

I’ll allow you that seeing you’re on painkillers and wine. It’s not a load of crap though. A lot of what goes with it is but not the game itself.

geoffj

People keep comparing Twitter and Facebook, but I don’t see the comparison.

I think the ‘what are you doing now’ bit of facebook is the same ‘microblogging’ idea as twitter. Add twitpic and you’ve got a away of sharing pictures too.

But you’re right, they are quite different beasts – not least because Twitter is less likely to end you up in the divorce courts though I would have thought!

Free Member

😉

I’m just jealous I can’t kick a ball in a straight line, and I don’t earn £100k a week. …. every “few” (read: around a handful) years maybe!?

Oh, and I would like more footballers to buy some kit off of my company too.

kelvin
    Dave
    Free Member

That Plateau of productivity looks a bleak place

kelvin

That’s where Facebook is right now Dave.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Twitter – for’ is closed to new replies.