Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 158 total)
  • Twitter Car Driver has openly admitted to Hitting A Cyclist!
  • zokes
    Free Member

Good to see moronic Twitter comments met with equally moronic, puerile cycle forum comments. Proves the theory that morons really do gravitate towards each other and find their own natural level….

Don’t worry, you’ve improved the situation loads with your overbearing piety

boblo
    Free Member

The sounds of hands clapping slowly……<sigh>

zokes
    Free Member

The sounds of hands clapping slowly……<sigh>

OOOH! You can do sound effects from up there too 😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    boblo
    Free Member

Not really. I just find it depressing that we spend our time calling out idiotic behaviour (the Twitter nonsense) then allow the discussion to descend into ‘corrrr look at the xyz’s on that’.

We really don’t have to behave like moronic 14 year olds, it’s not compulsory. That’s not piety, it’s just being a little more civilised and grown up than the lowest common denominator. I’m not sure why you’d have an issue with this unless you prefer to behave moronically (or are in fact 14 with zero self control).

zokes
    Free Member

I just find it depressing that we spend our time calling out idiotic behaviour (the Twitter nonsense) then allow the discussion to descend into ‘corrrr look at the xyz’s on that’.

You raise a fair point, it’s highly likely that anyone seeing that dress would end up being very distracted if they were riding a bike or driving. Perhaps we should treat the situation with the gravity it deserves.

We really don’t have to behave like moronic 14 year olds, it’s not compulsory.

No, but it is optional, and to be honest, pretty inoffensive when you compare it to DUI and deliberately running someone down with a ton of metal. But then, we all have our foibles, I suppose.

That’s not piety, it’s just being a little more civilised and grown up than the lowest common denominator.

It becomes piety when you start preaching from upon high about why such behaviour is so beneath you. Especially as I very much doubt any heterosexual male, yourself included (if you are heterosexual and male, if not, then please excuse this) wouldn’t have a certain amount of trouble talking to that lady’s face were you to meet her in that particular outfit…

samuri
    Free Member

Personally I wasn’t particularly bothered by her moronic posts. What bothered me was that initially she appeared to have hit a cyclist deliberately in her car. Just so you understand priorities.

Once it appeared she (apparently) wasn’t guilty of this I’m perfectly happy to descend into moronic piss taking. I debated taking myself too seriously but then I realised I’d look like a bit of an arse so didn’t bother.

Pigface
    Free Member

Cut and paste assault “The Junkyard offence” 😆

ratherbeintobago

Once it appeared she (apparently) wasn’t guilty of this I’m perfectly happy to descend into moronic piss taking.

Do we actually know one way or the other about this? All we’ve heard is her backtracking.

zokes
    Free Member

Cut and paste assault “The Junkyard offence”

😆

Nah, not enough typos and square brackets.

Cheers,

DannyB

D0NK

This incident happened at 9am. I was not drunk

but possibly still over the limit from the night before?

She explained Ms Abela’s claim to have been “definitely still drunk” as “banter between her and 1 other person.”

aye right

“The only thing I am guilty of is writing a silly tweet, which I regret and apologise for.”

sounds familiar

“I will be making a public apology for any offence that I caused other cyclists.”

I presume this is from Emma Way’s retrospectascope. An improvement anyway.

chuckles

Junkyard
    Free Member

harsh but fair 😀
    can we just cut to the chase and discuss whether I am attractive or not, what my mates look like in dresses [SS in the main] whilst calling those who object to this names 🙄

Indeed “we” dont do ourselves any favours

She is an idiot – what here friends tits look like is irrelevant to the issue the grown ups are trying to discuss.

DezB
    Free Member

What do you call it when STWers can’t attack the person deserving of abuse directly, so they start attacking each other?

zokes
    Free Member

can we just cut to the chase and discuss whether I am attractive or not

You’re not my type, anyway 😉

She is an idiot – what here friends tits look like is irrelevant to the issue the grown ups are trying to discuss.

Well, having already established she’s an idiot, what else is there to discuss?

boblo
    Free Member

It becomes piety when you start preaching from upon high about why such behaviour is so beneath you. Especially as I very much doubt any heterosexual male, yourself included (if you are heterosexual and male, if not, then please excuse this) wouldn’t have a certain amount of trouble talking to that lady’s face were you to meet her in that particular outfit…

This type of behaviour is not beneath me, it’s beneath you and us all. As for talking to her tits, just because a thought pops into our empty little heads, doesn’t mean we have to express it externally. That’s the mature self control bit. Again, unless a) the person has Tourette’s or b) is a silly14 year old that hasn’t grown up yet. I don’t think the respondents above fall into either category.

Anyway, you carry on. Behaving like this gives the Twitter idiot all the ammo they need to misrepresent the community she appears to despise.

zokes
    Free Member

Behaving like this gives the Twitter idiot all the ammo they need to misrepresent the community she appears to despise.

Well, not really. Even if we are all 14 year olds with puerile senses of humour, we’re still not particularly deserving of being run down by a young lady who’s DUI, regardless of how impressive her friend’s assets are.

A bit like comparing apples to…. melons, really

boblo
    Free Member

<sigh> DUI is an offence (offense maybe?) in America you idiot. There is no such thing in the UK.

piemonster

harsh but fair

Indeed it was

can we just cut to the chase

It seems unlikely

and discuss whether I am attractive or not, what my mates look like in dresses

Straw man and ad hominen

[SS in the main] whilst calling those who object to this names

Okay, you sir are a biscuit buggerer.

Indeed “we” dont do ourselves any favours

Speak for yourself.

She is an idiot –

Yes she is.

what here friends tits look like is irrelevant to the issue the grown ups are trying to discuss.

True, but I’m not a grown up, despite being 36.*

*with this exception, none of this post is serious or worthwhile. And adds nothing to anything. Other than helping me pass five minutes whilst drinking a coffee on a pleasant bank holiday morning.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Would bang….

crankboy
    Free Member

” a pleasant bank holiday morning”
    it ain’t a bank holiday get to work fast.

piemonster

Not where you live perhaps 🙂

zokes
    Free Member

<sigh> DUI is an offence (offense maybe?) in America you idiot. There is no such thing in the UK.

Driving under the influence / drink driving – semantics. Also no need for the personal abuse. Thanks.

Pigface
    Free Member

Zokes Pot Kettle Black 😆

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

This is all very interesting, but they are cracking norks aren’t they?

GrahamS

I do love her quotes on the road.cc follow-up story:

Contacted today by road.cc, Ms Abela said: “There are too many internet trolls involving themselves in this situation when it is being dealt with by the police.”

Ms Abela said that her tweets about the incident, “have been placed together by internet trolls and blown way out of proportion.

“The only thing I am guilty of is writing a silly tweet, which I regret and apologise for.”

Riiiiiiiiiiight… I think you might need to read your internet dictionary there Daisy. Try this:

In Internet slang, a troll (/?tro?l/, /?tr?l/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community..

That would be YOU love.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Also no need for the personal abuse. Thanks

Have you read your high horse pious comments ?

Lifer
    Free Member

zokes – Member
    Especially as I very much doubt any heterosexual male, yourself included (if you are heterosexual and male, if not, then please excuse this) wouldn’t have a certain amount of trouble talking to that lady’s face were you to meet her in that particular outfit…

You spent yourself boy, watching me suffer
    Suffer your words, suffer your eyes, suffer your hands
    Suffer your interpretation of what it is to be a man

zokes
    Free Member

Have you read your high horse pious comments ?

I described his behaviour. He resorted to name calling.

_tom_
    Free Member

You spent yourself boy, watching me suffer
    Suffer your words, suffer your eyes, suffer your hands
    Suffer your interpretation of what it is to be a man

Awesome song/album 🙂

boblo
    Free Member

Wah, wah, wah. Semantics shirley? If you will pretend you’re in the US (or can’t tell the difference), you’d better grow a thicker skin than that. Quoting things that are patently wrong and then dismissing such silliness as ‘semantics’, makes you look like an idi…. oh, not that again 🙂

Anyway, I’m off to the COOP for a quick rummage before they put all the really good stuff in plastic bags and out of reach….

zokes
    Free Member

If you will pretend you’re in the US (or can’t tell the difference), you’d better grow a thicker skin than that.

Actually, I’m in Australia. Not really sure what that has to do with it though.

If you were driving whilst drunk, would you not be described as ‘driving under the influence [of alcohol]’?

So, not wrong in the slightest.

However, I described your behaviour, which seems to have changed from piety to tedious. You instead of dealing with it, chose to insult me.

D0NK

dismissing such silliness as ‘semantics’

DUI is a damn sight easier to type than “Being in charge of a vehicle while above the legal limit or unfit through drink” and I’m sure we all knew what zokes was referring to.

The rest of your bickering is however a bit boring so if either/both of you want to knock it off that would be dandy.

zokes
    Free Member

Thank you D0NK, noted.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Have you got a diferent dictionary ?

A mood or attitude of stubborn arrogance or contempt: Get down off your high horse and apologize.

High praise indeed – ever heard it used as a compliment? No me neither

pious Making a hypocritical display of virtue.

Clearly an insult unless you alone use it as praise

I am sure he thinks the same and you seem to be having a self awarenes pot /kettle black moment

Jamie
    Free Member

Have you got a diferent dictionary ?

Have you even got a dictionary, JY? 😀

zokes
    Free Member

😆

DezB
    Free Member

quoting myself
    What do you call it when STWers can’t attack the person deserving of abuse directly, so they start attacking each other?

I think I might call it “doing a boblo”. Sounds better than “doing a zokes”.

Junkyard
    Free Member

that one , for once, was intentional[ to[ see another] hard to resist ] – still at least zokes can chortle at me rather than defend the view that his comments are not insults.
    I am sure he will be overwhelmed by their actual meaning and apologise for his rank hypocrisy – its what a STW er would do innit
    Doing a boblo reminds me of doing a bobbit FWIW Dez

zokes
    Free Member

still at least zokes can chortle at me rather than defend the view that his comments are not insults.

I was chortling at Jamie.

I was ignoring you 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

Another sterling defence there 🙄
    You still have no defence [ so weak you have not even tried tbh] but rather than admit this or apologise just plough on its an admirable response no really it is.

that said it was also a funny response

DezB
    Free Member

So did she actually hit anyone?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 158 total)

The topic ‘Twitter Car Driver has openly admitted to Hitting A Cyclist!’ is closed to new replies.