Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Twitter! An unknown man wants to follow me …
  • cinnamon_girl

Over to the STW Massiv for their insight and input …

I have only posted a couple of tweets (read c r a p) and that was ages ago. Only advertised it on here.

Now an unknown man wants to follow me and I don't think he is a STW'er either.

Should I allow him? I find all this a bit creepy 😯

mudshark
    Free Member

What's the worst that could happen?!

cinnamon_girl

Dunno, you're a man I assume? You tell me!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Wasn't me

sharki
    Free Member

My ex appeared to be trying to follow me, but phoned her and she denied it, what was more wierd was that the only other person she/they were following was Cy Turner!

epo-aholic
    Free Member

if i were you i'd batten down the hatches and call the cops!

additional: if you have a cupboard under the stairs hide in that too!
    😀

cinnamon_girl

Captain Flashheart – I don't believe you exist! You must be the only man that turns down a ride with three gorgeous STW girlies 😯

sharki – Cy Turner? As in Cotic? Bizarre!

fadda

Call me old fashioned, but RUN!!!!!!!

druidh
    Free Member

What's the point of "tweeting" if you're gonna complain or get all suspicious when someone wants to follow you? If you're that worried, just stop it now.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

C_G, I've not turned it down, I just need to find a suitable date to satisfy you…(as it were!)

cinnamon_girl

druid – I was OK with some STW'ers following me although I didn't actually know them.

Cap'n – phew! That's a relief! I shall look forward to a mutually satisfying date (see what I did there?) 8)

Well, I did some Googling and my heart went all of a flutter cos it sounded like a grungy guitar god (I have a thing for them).

scaredypants

what druidh said – besides, "following" just means getting a stream of whatever inane drivel a twitterer is generating doesn't it ? Unless you type "I'm on my way to Sainsbury's via a dark alley" & stuff, so what ?

Then again, if you can say no – and you're at all worried – then do so

allthepies
    Free Member

>You must be the only man that turns down a ride with three gorgeous STW girlies

Are these three friends of yours ? 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hands off, allthepies, they're mine…! 8)

druidh
    Free Member

cinnamon_girl – Member

druid – I was OK with some STW'ers following me although I didn't actually know them.

Great – I'll just find you on Facefook then….

nickc

I've got any number of random followers, it's not like they actually want to follow me about though… 😉

rOcKeTdOg

i get about 2 a week 'following' me, but i think i've only ever logged on 3 times in 6 months, i think people collect followers or whatever they are called

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i don't get twitter

if i want to read a load of crap restricted to 128 characters i'll just mug some kid on the street, steal there mobile then read there text message inbox

samuri
    Free Member

(read c r a p)

So just like every other single thing in twitter then? It's bizarre that anyone would want to read snapshots of someone elses thought process. Out of context they read like a phone conversation (with a complete stranger) where you can only hear a tenth of what they're saying and they can't hear anything you are saying.

But, I constantly underestimate just how easy it is to manipulate people on the internet. Everytime I think they've reached the limit in mindless, bovine copycatting someone invents a new social networking site and off they plummet.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

steal there mobile then read there text message inbox

i've put my 'D' hat on for that little pedants joy 🙁

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

you'll love this then samuri

http://www.bragster.com/main/faq

Gary_C

(Notices that sfb hasn't yet conributed to this thread)

Hmmmm……

😉

FoxyChick
    Free Member

SO…no different from this place then.

Wonder if Stephen Fry is worried about unknowns following him?

If you find it creepy…de-activate your account.

footflaps

I have loads of followers and have never posted anything….

No idea why..

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I keep getting requests apparently from women, who are following hundreds but have no followers – which I ignore as suspect

cinnamon_girl

OK, I can relax 8)

I was following my current 'man of the moment' (read guitar god)so that was the link.

Reckon I got sucked into this Twitter thing through here, everyone seemed to be doing it and I wanted to be in the 'cool gang' 🙄

Samuri has got it right! It's all pointless I tell thee.

Oh, and I won't join Facebook cos my kids might get worried about all these weirdos I hang around with 😉

cinnamon_girl

sfb – you're meeting the wrong type of woman 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

it sounded like a grungy guitar god (I have a thing for them).

Flashheart…….. I reckon you're in there mate.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

sfb – you're meeting the wrong type of woman

I'm not meeting them, I just get an email notification.

I couldn't understand Twitter. I joined to win stuff from STW, and there didn't seem to be any content beyond tedious stream-of-consciousness messages. I searched in vain for a way to upload other stuff and then gave up

cinnamon_girl

Gus – I reckon the Captain would find me too common and dull, plus of course I can't ride a bike for toffees 😀

sfb – it's really just another time-waster!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Nonsense C_G ………….. too much of a woman maybe…… 8)

cinnamon_girl

Gus – you're too kind, or at least I hope you are! How are you? I may organise another Swinley ride so would be good if you can make it. Reckon RudeBoy would come too?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

What me ? Kind ? You've gotta be joking ! ……………….. nah, just being honest 😉

Yeah, I'm up for Swinley ……….. but only if I can ride with the girlies again 8)
    I'm sure RB would be up for it too …… if he can get a lift.

DickBarton

plus of course I can't ride a bike for toffees

So what can you do for toffees? 😉

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Twitter! An unknown man wants to follow me …’ is closed to new replies.