Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Twitching muscles
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

a random muscle in my left upper arm is twitching, sometimes leg ones do it too…how to stop and/or prevent?

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Yeah, my calves in particular do that after every ride – it’s almost like watching waves rolling over the sea, most weird.

Might be electrolytes, or simply your muscle fibres repairing themselves. Try bananas for magnesium – that’s my tuppence worth of useless internet-forum medical advice 🙂

ahwiles
    Free Member

my calf muscles are mental too.

bits of them are twitching all the time – constantly – all the time, like, always. they never ever stop, ever, etc.

i say ‘bits’ because it’s never the whole muscle/group/whatever, it’s just small regions, about the size of a golf ball.

1 bit will twitch, followed a few seconds by a different bit, followed a few seconds later by another different bit, or one of the first bits, or another, then another, etc.

am i going to die?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I used to get this on my lower eyelid, strange

djflexure

Its called fasciculation – looks like a bag of worms esp when calves get going. Brought on by fatigue plus you have may have a predisposition. Occasionally linked to some other neurological disorders (what they used to loosely call benign essential tremor, also motor neurone disease) but would not worry as most cases occur in isolation.

j_me
    Free Member

Best case benign…….worst case MND

BRUTAL Link you have been warned!!!!!

cynic-al
    Free Member

I get the eyelid thing when tired…and reckoned tiredness/dehydration has something to do with it…hic!

epicyclo

Water.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Twitching muscles’ is closed to new replies.