Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Twist grip problem Velo shift VS 030
  • JimSu
    Free Member

I am tring to change the cable on these front shifters on a cheap Decathlon bike but I cannot see how to get the cable out at the bar end. There is a clear cover over the 1-2-3 indicator and I wonder if that needs to come off. On the rear mech side there was a hole it came out of easily.

Any ideas please?

thanks

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

If it's anything like the cheap shifters we deal with, you need to give a good hard tug on the grip bit, pulling the shifter apart and leaving the casing on the bike and a cable hole on the grip bit. Do it carefully, there's a clip spring in there taht can go flying and it helps to really pay attention to how the cable is threaded because they aren't in any way obvious. They're a pain in the hoop, so good luck!

JimSu
    Free Member

will that mean removing the handle bar grip first to allow that to happen on is it a single unit?

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

You don't need to remove the bit of rubber that twists with the shifter as it's integral to the bit you're pulling out, but you will need to take off the static bit (stick a screw driver under it and squirt GT85 down there and it'll come right off. More GT85 to put it back on and within an hour it'll be stuck solid to the bar again).

JimSu
    Free Member

great thanks for your help.
    I got it off but it did not want to click back again so I have swapped it for an old Shimano shifter.
    Good learning experience ta.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Twist grip problem Velo shift VS 030’ is closed to new replies.