Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • twin specific front mech.where from.
  • robhughes
    Free Member

hi all. as title realy .

xherbivorex
    Free Member

if by twin you mean double chainring then a "normal" front mech works fine, you just use the high/low adjust screws to stop the mech shifting the chain up and off the larger ring. works fine for me on both my bikes using a SRAM X.9 front mech on one and a deore on t'other, both running truvativ stylo AM 2.2 double&bash.

njee20
    Free Member

The only MTB one is the SRAM XX, most of which are due into the country on the 6th January at the fairly eye watering cost of £106.

Road double mechs are available from anywhere.

Lummox

i've got a hone double mech that would disagree with the above post, i believe slx is also available as a double.

Jammy111
    Free Member

or of course there is the shimano SLX, bought mine for 23 quid from merlin. dont know what they cost now though…

njee20
    Free Member

Damn, of course there is. I tend to think of double as big/middle, as opposed to middle/inner.

The SLX one will only do up to 36t, so it depends what double you're running.

robhughes
    Free Member

thanks all.
    yep njee20 36 middle.slx it is then.

robhughes
    Free Member
    robhughes
    Free Member

the problem is my deore keeps dropping the cain.22/36 on a fsa gap megaexo.any thoughts gang.

coatesy
    Free Member

May be the right one, that's a bottom swing(cage below the clamp)and may or may not fit your frame depending on suspension design etc.

Jammy111
    Free Member

http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/mountain-bike-front-derailleurs/shimano-slx-front-mech-double.html

thats the top swing version for £23 on merlin as i said. However if its your chain that keeps dropping it probs isnt because of the mech. Is your chain too long? Have you tried a chain tensioner such as the blackspire stinger???

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘twin specific front mech.where from.’ is closed to new replies.