• This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by nach.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Twin Peaks
  • noteeth
    Free Member

Great article in the Grauniad.

Across its eight episodes the show etched its sinister sylvan milieu into the psyche of a generation.

It sure etched itself into my psyche…

CountZero

The owls are not what they seem…

noteeth
    Free Member

The owls are not what they seem…

They never are.

Best opening sequence/TV theme-tune, ever.

racefaceec90

love twin peaks,will have to buy the film when it is released.fire walk with me is a bloody awesome film 🙂

GregMay
    Free Member

I haven’t watched it in years, may be one to go back and watch again over the darker months 🙂

bencooper
    Free Member

Only 8 episodes? Considering how much it messed with my teenage head, I’d have thought it was a lot more.

Anyone else remember Wild Palms? That was equally weird, I’ve still got that on DVD somewhere.

jeffm
    Free Member

First series was only short but the second series was 22episodes if my memory serves me. Plus the film too.

Audrey Horne, heartbreaker.

Quite possibly my fav tv series ever. I re watched again recently and I think it stands the test of time.
    By pure coincidence I’m wearing my ‘twin peaks sheriff department’ tshirt as I type this.

Northwind

My parents let us watch it at a ridiculously young age, it was exactly like this:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0_eTYwKoBE[/video]

nach
    Free Member

The first series had eight episodes, there were many more in the second. But a lot of people like to pretend series two didn’t happen.

It’s obvious in the second series when Lynch leaves and returns. When he puts non-sequitirs or weird sub-plots in, there’s an uncanny coherence to them. Without him, it felt like the directors were just resorting to weird random bs for no particular reason.

Oh, and then there’s the agonising series two plotline with Hurley looking sad a lot and saying things like “It’s not just a place, it’s a feeling”.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Twin Peaks’ is closed to new replies.