Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • Tweedlove Vallelujah Stages
  • mtbel
    Free Member

are tantrums as frequent in Enduro as DH?

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

I had a tantrum on the last one due to all the complete **** standing on the course during practice, you would have loved it. Think of the worst mincer packed uplift you’ve ever done and double the retard level.

mtbel
    Free Member

ha ha… Ace!! 😀 kinda gutted I’ve never seen this spectacle yet for myself.

bigjim

trolls be trolling hard today

was mostly pretty dry at yair last weekend anyway, double decker was pretty sloppy at the top but dry lower down. have fun y’all

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Awfully sensitive aren’t they!

coogan
    Free Member

@mtbel I’ve been kicking myself every since about that!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Looking forward to lots of “well that was shit, who’s idea was it to stage an Enduro in March” and “400 mincers just wrecked the trails I didn’t help to create” comments next week.

Northwind

mtbel – Member

if you are thinking of entering another of these Sportives and happen to notice a HT cat. Do let me know.. quite fancy a bit of third party insurance covered mincer-skittles

There’s a hardtail cat for the scottish series. I think most enduros have one tbh. UKGE doesn’t- well, they said they did but when we got there, they hadn’t bothered.

bloodsexmagik
    Free Member

Yeah, for the love of god enter it so we can all marvel at your superhuman speed.

Northwind

You guys have probably already seen, but there’s some changes tomorrow because of the weather- registration starts later, at 9.30am, and stage 1 is closed tomorrow and might be cut from the race entirely because of a high risk of wind damage. I’ll be making a late start anyway but thought some folks might be planning to get down early

BoardinBob

I’m guessing s1 would be the descent from the three brethren?

br
    Free Member

S1 isn’t off the top of 3B.

julzm
    Free Member

I think S1 is the descent from Craig hill down to the other wee car park (the one across the bridge furthest away from Selkirk) New trail cut in there very recently, pretty steep and techy in places. Would seem the place that was most likely to suffer wind blow.

br
    Free Member

Nope

Northwind

Loving this:

bren2709

Anyone rode this today and is the rock rideable?

goodgrief
    Free Member

Had to commit but it was no issue.
    The final stage however had several issues of different kinds!

Northwind

Scary rock was fine, I didn’t have the pace to drop it comfortably (slippery run in) but it rolls over the top pretty easily. What was the other one, “crazy fallen tree feature” or something?

goodgrief
    Free Member

Turned out to be an absolutely top race, losing one stage made the day more pleasant so you could give it more on the remaining stages.
    Think many people found it challenging but everyone I saw at the end had big smiles.

goodgrief
    Free Member

Also, I liked the sign at the bottom of st2 that said “This was bone dry last week!”

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

losing one stage made the day more pleasant so you could give it more on the remaining stages

Meh, don’t agree with that at all, day felt far too short, didn’t feel like a grand day out like the last one.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Top day and loved the stages despite the mud, muddy transitions less good. Too short, which was a shame but not really fault of the organisers.

philfive
    Free Member

Great event, Injured my self in practice so only managed stage 1 today and had to retire. Thought the courses were good and the end of stage 4 was mental.

yacoby
    Free Member

I didn’t mind the lack of stage one. I was pretty destroyed by the end of stage four (which was ace).

I think the mud pushups/climbs combined with being chronically unfit just killed me.

trailsnail
    Free Member

I also enjoyed the lack of stage one because it made things less rushed. Sometimes I like the physical challenge of a big day out, but yesterday was one of the most enjoyable days I’ve had as I was fresh throughout and had plenty of time to chat to mates and join the crowd at S4 spectating. If time limit was tighter then we would not have had that chance, I’m not a fan of the tight time limits like last year’s K&Q, especially when there are queues.

Atmosphere was great, good chat with the marshals, spectators and competitors and really good stages. Brilliant day out!

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

On the flip side I was dissapointed they didn’t reduce time limit to reflect the shorter course. Part of the challenge to me is having the fitness to complete the course within the limit, not just bimble aimlessly between stages and still make it.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Though I agree a time limit and excessive queuing is a pain, but if that’s taken account of in the limit that’s fine.
    Plus if you’re time limit is back to somewhere that isn’t the bottom of a stage, like yesterday, it can detract from the atmosphere a bit as folk don’t have to rush off. Yesterday was good at last stage as people had time, you could achieve the same thing by having the time limit stopped at end of the stage rather than 5 miles away in town

trailsnail
    Free Member

Yes I guess that the time limit just to the last stage end would at least allow for viewing, I really enjoyed that!

BoardinBob

A lot of terrified looking people on their arse at the last couple of corners!

Great day out and I think the shorter day made it more relaxed and enjoyable

Taz

Enjoyed yesterday despite really not having my ‘race mojo’ on. A calf injury prevented me running across the traverse section of stage 4 after I span out which cost me a chunk of time. Riding like a numb nut on stage 3 cost me more though 🙂

Bit of a shame they had to drop a stage but safety has to come first

As always for Tweed love organization was exceptional

mikeep
    Free Member

Great to see the results up in the evening. I wonder how much ‘fuss’ it was to do that?

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

I have this awkward desire to race way moar ENDURO despite being shit at it…anyone else? They need to make the stages at least 10 minutes long though, preferably with a cheeky short sharp climb in the middle 😛

legend
    Free Member

The next Glentress one should defo have the Gypsy Glen descent in it 🙂

mc
    Free Member

Great to see the results up in the evening. I wonder how much ‘fuss’ it was to do that?

A single email on the poor timing guys part, followed by some PDF creation and uploading by Tweedlove.

Results could actually be live if reliable internet could be found at the timing tent, however the best description of mobile data at the weekend was somewhere between nae chance and mibbies if the sun, clouds, and rain aligned (or in other words, in a hole that only has 2G with **** all bandwidth).

bigjim

I’m hoping for a video compilation of those crashes with a Yakety Sax soundtrack

moonsaballoon

I was one of those making hard work of the bottom of 4 ! Had a great weekend and in light of the conditions wasn’t bothered about missing out stage 1 . All credit to tweedlove for putting on a such a fun event . Looking forward to king of the hill now

gavstorie
    Free Member

this was my favourite part of the event.. 🙂

yacoby
    Free Member

Except during practice. Where the signs just got my hope up only to be utterly crushed 😛

Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘Tweedlove Vallelujah Stages’ is closed to new replies.