Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Tweedlove, tale of woe, crash and bike stolen.
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

Right Tweedlovers, a real tale of woe…There was a lass who had a nasty fall yesterday at Natural Tweed. She cut her…

Posted by TweedLove on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

br
    Free Member

While I’d quite happily leave my bike (locked) on the car in Peebles/GT etc where there a lots of other bikes also around (and did yesterday) – but in Edinburgh…

Diane
    Free Member

Bike got stolen outside Alpine at GT (Alpine bikes, bike locked up). Bikes have been stolen from several places in Inners – No I wouldn’t at all.

glupton1976
    Free Member

As above I’d be happier leaving a bike locked up in Edinburgh than in the Borders. My house insurance agrees.

hainman
    Free Member

thats a bugger,me and a mate were down at GT 3 weeks ago and he had just bought a new shock,so we took it down to fit before we go out and we were approached by 2 police officers driving round the car park,so at least we know they are making an effort to catch the ratbags,

Northwind

I think it’s this one?

Might job some memories for other riders as he’s quite a regular at events. Pretty distinctive bike and rider if it is. Shared it on facebook on the offchance, i guess it’ll be in bits but the frame’s pretty uncommon, and recognisable…

stanfree
    Free Member

Ah thats shite news , the guy and his girlfriend were in front of me climbing up the fire road to Gypsy Glen . 🙁

stanfree
    Free Member

Ah thats shite news , the guy and his girlfriend were in front of me climbing up the fire road to Gypsy Glen . 🙁

LMT
    Free Member

Terrible news when any bike gets stolen, hope the girlfriend gets well soon.

When i was at GT last week, i locked the bikes up just a cheap carry round i have in my camelbak, when i sat in the cafe one guy asked why? its fairly safe here, i just replied you can never be too careful and while he/she is fumbling with my cheap lock, i can be out my seat and be sorting anyone out trying to take my bike.

Been to far too many trail centers and hear of bike thefts, never take a risk, even when the bikes locked to the car i double up with my gold rated locks.

Northwind

Better pic, from Cotic.cc

Clover

Oh no! We started pretty much at the same time. I get all ‘great, there’s another girl’ for a couple of nanoseconds before lapsing back into ‘must beat her’. Crashing is rubbish and having bike nicked is poor payback for chivalry. 🙁

hels
    Free Member

Considering the number of riders through GT at a weekend the rate of bike theft is v low I think. You rarely hear of it, and there are numerous stories doing the rounds about the bike knicked from Alpine, shall we say. Still, I put a lock on mine at the cafe, my logic that if mine has a lock and all the rest are just sitting there they won’t bother with mine.

(and I think it depends where you live in the Borders, my contents insurance is way cheaper than it ever was in Edinburgh)

youngrob

We were just behind them when she crashed, she didn’t look great at the time and we were a few miles from the road. I’m glad she’s on the mend now but this just compounds a miserable day. Fingers crossed he gets it back.

bigjim

Bad times, I recognise them from the enduro and from the natural tweed ride.

I’ve been in the same situation with bikes with having to take someone to A&E at Little France and having to leave bikes on the roof, I was luckier.

I wonder if there is cctv covering the car park, there was a murder investigation based in that car park recently but I don’t recall if there was CCTV mentioned or not.

globalti
    Free Member

He left a bike on a roofrack in a hospital car park? Is he deranged? All kinds of scum go to hospitals and a bike will stick out like a sore thumb. Why didn’t he put it inside the car?

Burchy1
    Free Member

He left a bike on a roofrack in a hospital car park? Is he deranged? All kinds of scum go to hospitals and a bike will stick out like a sore thumb. Why didn’t he put it inside the car?

I’m guessing that should have a 😉 after it. I’d like to think I’d be more worried about my broken girlfriend than remembering to leave her inside on her own and go back out to put the bike in the car. 😀

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Tweedlove, tale of woe, crash and bike stolen.’ is closed to new replies.