Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Tweedlove 2016 Enduros
  • kimbers

registration open

Ive signed up for the triple

http://tweedlove.com/events/2016-event-info/the-tweed-valley-enduros-2016

moonsaballoon

Vallelujah and koth for me , already entered the 7 so might see about volunteering at the international . King is always a good weekend with good riding but really looking forward to vallelujah , last year was ridiculous with the mud but i really enjoyed the day out , felt like an achievement just to get round

Tracey

Abigale has registered and paid for all three, hope it doesn’t clash with any of the others.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Don’t want to open a can of worms but is a Full Face helmet required?

kimbers

dont think so, that issue was soooo ukge 2015

(not bothered either way 2015 tweedlove EWS was fine in a fullface)

you do have to agree to a disclaimer saying that if you die horribly its not their fault!

Tracey

Looks like Ed her boyfriend is in too, if its full face its full face, same for everybody.
    I was surprised at Gisburn on Sunday by the amount of people wearing them, far more than any of the other PMBA events

br
    Free Member

Don’t want to open a can of worms but is a Full Face helmet required?

Doubt it, been no need so far.

kimbers

I was surprised at Gisburn on Sunday by the amount of people wearing them, far more than any of the other PMBA events

once youre used to wearing one its not really any problem and theres some very good well vented options out there , no reason not to for me, though EWS this year wasnt as techy and steep as last year when i didnt wear one!

kimbers

the smallprint

Terms and Conditions I have read and understand the terms and conditions of entry, and I accept them. I realise that riding bikes fast can be dangerous and I’m aware of my responsibilities and liabilities regarding this event.

Event Rules, Terms & Conditions

Vallelujah
    Sunday 27 March 2016
    Practice Saturday 26 March 2016
    Tweed Valley, Scottish Borders

TweedLove International
    Saturday 21 and Sunday 22 May 2016
    Practice Friday 20 and Saturday 21 May 2016
    Peebles, Scottish Borders

King and Queen of the Hill
    Sunday 21 August 2016
    Practice Saturday 20 August 2016
    Tweed Valley, Scottish Borders

RULES, TERMS & CONDITIONS AND EVENT INFORMATION

The above are Enduro races, held in the Tweed Valley, and using a variety of great trails – man-made and natural. It features at least five timed stages and untimed linking stages, taking riders on a tour of some great mountain bike trail riding.

All the stages are descents, and vary from technically easy to technically challenging. There is a lot of climbing to do to reach the starts of all the stages, and the race is intended to be a test of strength, fitness and your technical ability.

Facilities
    There are toilets on site and public toilets in the town.
    There will food and drink vendors at the Event Village, with water and some tasty carbohydrates to eat out on the course.

First Aid – the organisers will provide first aid and medical support

T&Cs: Rules and event regulations

Registration and practice. Full info and Race Notes will be posted on website and emailed to entrants approx 2 weeks before event.
    Individual rules for each race will be included in the race notes, but the following rules will generally apply.

•You must provide an emergency contact number.
    •Practice is only permitted on the sections of course indicated and race number boards should be attached to your bars.
    •Please note that practice on the various stages is unmarshalled and there may be other riders using the trails.
    Practice is only allowed at the times notified in the Race Notes.
    Under no circumstances will aggressive riding or behaviour towards other riders be tolerated. Any race entrant found to be discourteous in any way to other riders will be disqualified from the race and future events.
    •On race day all race sections of the course will be open to racers only and completely closed to the public. However, link (untimed) stages may be open to the public.
    Attending race briefings is mandatory

Timing
    •You will be given a start time at Registration for the Race. This will be on a sticker, which must be attached to your bike or number board. The sticker also shows the time by which you must finish the complete course.
    •Start times are allocated on a first-come, first to choose basis. Getting to registration early will give you the most choice in start times.
    •If you want to race the course in a group of your mates, please make sure you all register at the same time (and early), that way you should all be given similar start times.
    •You must finish the complete course within set time limit. This info will be recorded by your timing chip.
    •There is enough slack in the overall time allowance for the whole course that an averagely fit and fast rider will have spare time for food stops and will not have to totally beast themselves to get round the course.
    •Your timing chip will record all your stage start and finish times.
    •You can only ride each stage once.
    •All riders’ times are logged and available at the finish. On handing in your timing chip, you will be given a print-out of all your times.
    •A fine of £30 will be applied if you do not return your dibber – and you won’t get your times!
    •A sweeper will go round the course at the end.
    •If you retire for any reason please inform an event official.
    •All results will be posted on the event website asap after the event.

Number boards
    •Every rider will get a number board. Number boards must be fixed on the handlebars (we’ll provide the zip ties) and must be readable throughout the competition.
    •Medical conditions and Emergency contacts must be completed on the reverse of the number board.

Who wins?
    •Total time over the race stages will be used to work out who has won. All stages will be included.
    •1st, 2nd and 3rd fastest in each of the categories above will receive a prize.
    •In the event of a tie, the highest placed rider in the final stage of the race will be awarded a higher placing.
    •The fastest man and woman (irrespective of category) will be crowned the winner.

Categories
    All entries are solo – no team/combined entries.
    Junior Men ages 16 -18, Senior Men 19 – 29, Master Men 30-39, Vet Men 40 – 49, Grand Vet Men 50 and over
    Junior Women 23 and under, Senior Women 24 – 39, Vet Women 40+
    Categories subject to change depending on entry numbers.

Racers under age of 18 must be signed on by their Parent, or other legal guardian. No racers under 16 years old.

Race notes and all info will be emailed to all entrants prior to the event. The course will have at least four stages, all of which are downhill stages, but some may contain uphill sections.

The stages vary from fun trail centre descents which take on a new character when taken at speed, to steep, natural trails with technical sections.

Transitions between stages will vary in length and vertical, but put together in general you can expect a fairly big day out with a lot of up and down.

Food and water
    Feed and water stations will be available along the course, but all riders are responsible to supply sufficient food to complete the ride.

Bikes, safety, courtesy, common sense
    •The course features climbs and descents on a wide variety of trail surfaces. All riders must complete the entire course on the same bike – frame, suspension (rear and front), wheels and tyres
    •Marshals and riding marshals will be on duty throughout the course, and anyone found to be changing equipment/wheels etc will be disqualified. New tubes are fine of course.
    •In case of a mechanical failure leading to the need for major equipment replacement e.g. ripped tyre, you must inform a marshal before restarting the race on the replacement.
    •No electric bikes, mountain bikes only
    •Signage will be in place along the entire course warning traffic of the event, but riders are always responsible for their own safety.
    •The transition/linking sections include public roads with traffic present, where you must ride responsibly and considerately, and follow the Highway Code at all times. For riders from abroad, please remember to ride on the left.
    •Every rider is responsible for their bike and equipment. The condition, quality and construction should be suitable to ensure the safety of riders or other persons.
    •All equipment used at an event must be fit for purpose and ridden / used at riders own risk.
    •Helmets are compulsory and must be done up properly at all times when cycling (including climbing). They must be in good condition. Helmets can be full-face or open style.
    •Bar end plugs must be fitted.
    •Knee pads mandatory
    •Gloves and elbow pads are strongly advised
    •Other recommended equipment:
    •Mobile phone
    •Full body cover and waterproof jacket if conditions cold/wet
    •Suitable backpack,
    •Emergency blanket,
    •Innertubes/ puncture repair kit,
    •Multi tool,
    •Basic, well maintained first aid kit,
    •Map,
    •Food and fluids,
    •Eye protection (glasses or goggles),
    •Failure to comply with gear regulations will result in disqualification.
    •Riders must be courteous and aware of other cyclists around you. Slower riders must allow faster riders to pass by pulling over at a suitable place to enable a safe overtaking move. Riders catching the rider in front must clearly (and politely) indicate which side they wish to pass on.
    •Foul or abusive language and poor behaviour will not be tolerated and will mean disqualification from this and possibly other future TweedLove events. Everyone’s here to have a good time.
    •Moving any posts holding course marking tape will result in disqualification from the event.
    •Riders going through or under/over course tape and short-cutting the course will be disqualified.
    •The race is open to all riders, and no licence is required.
    •Riders must obey all event marshals’ and event officials’ instructions.
    •Riders can not accept support (e.g. spares, repairs) from a non-racer.
    •Instant disqualification for acceptance of any form of assisted transport (e.g. motor vehicle)
    •Please don’t drop any litter – marshals will have bin bags!

Event Cancellation or Change of Event Date
    If the safety of riders and staff becomes an issue we may have to cancel an event, or if we have to cancel the event for reasons outwith our control, this will be announced on our website as soon as possible before the event, and riders will receive a refund minus an admin fee.
    If an event is cancelled due to adverse or dangerous conditions any time after 17.00 on the Thursday before the event we will refund a percentage of the entry fee taking in account any outlaid costs.

Refund Policy
    If for any reason you are unable to attend the event refunds will be available on request (info@tweedlove.com) as follows:
    •Up to 2 weeks before the event – refund available, subject to an admin fee of £10.00 which will be deducted from the refund
    •Less than 2 weeks before the event – no refunds available. A riders name may be changed on payment of £10.00 admin fee up to 1 week before the event. After this date no changes are permitted.

No rider may use another’s rider’s event number.

Responsibilities
    Riders attend the event on their own account and at their own risk. The rider is responsible for the safety of his bike and clothes. The organization is not responsible and cannot be held responsible for any injuries and/or damages as results of any action during the event, or during practice for the event.
    The organisers reserve the right to disqualify any rider in breach of any of these regulations.
    This agreement starts with the entry. The organisation reserves the right to make any necessary changes or even to cancel the whole event according to safety problems at any time, official orders, government laws or other unforeseen events.
    The organisers will endeavor to give all entrants a time derived from the electronic timing chip system provided. However, they are not responsible in the unlikely event of fault in the electronic timing system.

Protest
    Protests against the result or disqualifications should be addressed to the Event Organisers within the 30 minutes following the end of the race.

Waiver of liability
    Every rider understands and admits that his participation in the event is voluntary. He/she assumes full responsibility for any injuries or damages from his/her participation in, or practice for, the event. He/she recognises and understands that mountain biking and the activities associated with this event may be hazardous, that his/her participation is solely at his/her own risk and that he/she assumes full responsibility for any resulting injuries and damages that may occur.
    Every rider affirms that he/she is in good health. He/she declares that he/she is physically fit and capable to participate in the event. Every rider understands it can be a strenuous day out with significant amounts of climbing and distance to be cycled in order to complete the course.
    Every rider has to acknowledge that he/she has read and understand this entire waiver of liability and agrees to be legally bound by it.

Withdrawal
    The event officials hold the right to withdraw starters if they feel there is a danger for the starter or any other person.

Registration terms
    By using our Registration system to register your details, or enter an event you consent to the conditions described below:
    You must be at least 16 years old to use this entry system. You may only use the system for registering your own details and for those of other friends, family and club mates who have granted their permission.
    When entering an event we ask for each person’s name, date of birth, gender and for any other details required by the event. When entering events on behalf of other people you must obtain their permission to provide this data before entering them.

Receiving Emails
    To register for this event you must provide a valid email address so we can send you confirmation of your registration and of any entries you make. The email address supplied (and any email addresses given when registering other people) may be used by the Event Organiser to send out information about the events you enter. It may also be used by them for up to twelve months after the event ends to send follow-up information about the event / membership and any future events / memberships they may organise.

Currency of Purchase
    All transactions will be conducted in Pounds Sterling. An invoice will not be supplied with the confirmation of your entry, although a confirmation email will be sent to the registered email address.

Data protection Act 1998
    By submitting an application to take part in an event, the participants also allow the event organisers to use personal data for campaigns and activities connected to the events.

The personal data and entry specific information you give will be used by the Event Organisers for the purpose of processing and publishing entries and results and of maintaining membership information. We will not pass this data to any other third party. Credit and Debit card details are held solely by the Payment Service Provider and are unknown to the Event Organisers.

The organisers shall have unlimited rights to publish pictures of the participants; to forward these photos to press representatives and to use them for marketing activities.
    The organizers retain the right to change rules, terms and conditions as required.

julzm
    Free Member

Me and the OH have signed up for all three. I did vallelujah and K&Q this year, if the international is anything like EWS I’ll need to seriously sort myself out for the golfiet type sections. All the GT stuff is fine but stuff like water world scares the bejesus outta me!

jimmy

Missed out. Anyone got a spare KQTH??

Garry_Lager

jimmy – Member

Missed out. Anyone got a spare KQTH?? You should be OK jimmy – just the early bird that has gone.

Thks kimbers for putting this up, would have missed it otherwise – entered Vallelujah.

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

I might have gone a bit click happy for Tweedlove next year.. so far I’m signed up for:

Vallelujah,
    Skinny Tweed
    Glentress 7
    Natural Tweed (2 days later!)
    KQoTH

Am waiting for registration details on the Tour O’ the Borders too..

I better dig the turbo trainer out and get TrainerRoad fired up.!!! 😯

dovebiker

I’ve ridden most of the trails at GT and Inners and can keep up with the duallies on XC races, but would I be completely mad to attempt this is a 5″-tyred, rigid fatbike?

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

Saw 1 or 2 fatbikes (hardtails to be fair rather than rigid) on the KQotH this year. No reason why you couldn’t make it round, it’s down to your level of trail ‘godliness’ as to how well you finish.!! 🙂

proutster
    Free Member

Entered for Vallelujah 😀

Just checked the diary and it’s Easter 😕 Might be in the bad books for that one…..

reggiegasket
    Free Member

1 and 3 for me

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

Just checked the diary and it’s Easter Might be in the bad books for that one…..

Yeah I spotted that too.. Might be a bit of confusion as the clocks go forward on the Saturday night as well.!!

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Just signed up for The International… First race in 22 years so slightly apprehensive!

poah
    Free Member

too rich for my blood to cycle muddy trails I can ride for free any weekend lol

legend
    Free Member

Timing
    •You will be given a start time at Registration for the Race. This will be on a sticker, which must be attached to your bike or number board. The sticker also shows the time by which you must finish the complete course.

They really need to make that your start time for stage 1 to avoid the **** huge queues that plague these races (and many others)

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Tweedlove 2016 Enduros’ is closed to new replies.