Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Tweed Valley trails not part of Glentress or Innerleithen
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

*likes*

Mugboo

And as usual thank you to Nobeerinthefridge, I might even forgive you for Gasgale Crags 😉

speedstar

Saw the one and only Danny Mcaskill out at Inners today. Wonder what trails he was hitting?

roundwheels
    Free Member

Bump, for later 🙂

Mugboo

So that who was holding me up, thank God I didn’t shout Strava at him as I barged past!

AlexSimon

Thanks for the posts on this thread!
    Just come back from a weekend in the Hydro and with the trail names listed on here and trailforks, it all worked out beautifully.

This was the ride we did in the end.
    https://www.strava.com/activities/1231468799

Fire road straight to Spooky Climb to Mast
    Boundary to Five Year Plan
    Fire road to Mild Peril
    Up first bit of Redemption then fire road to Broon Troot
    Up the rest of Redemption to Ewok Wall, Matrix, The Bitch, Ponduro
    Up to mast again via a lap of Spooky Wood
    Down Carl’s Lane, Truon Chinh, Ho Chi Min, Zoom or Bust, Dave’s Trail all the way back to the Hydro.

Thanks again!

ChrisL

Sounds like a big day out Alex!

As a general comment I’d say that the descent (Cool Runnings) you miss out by taking the fire road to the bottom of the Spooky Wood climb is good and the following singletrack climb is nicer than slogging your way up a fire road. In your case though the length of the ride might mean that the bit of extra time involved may have been unwelcome.

AlexSimon

Good call ChrisL. 3 days in a row left me pretty beat, but that would have been a pretty good break in the fire road slog.

gwurk
    Free Member

Cool runnings is a fast but uninspiring pedally trail with 5 bermed corners a bit more pedalling then two more at the end. it’s only 30sec long.
    You missed nothing special really. (unless you prefer climbing to descending).

ChrisL

gwurk – Member
    Cool runnings is a fast but uninspiring pedally trail with 5 bermed corners a bit more pedalling then two more at the end. it’s only 30sec long.

I like Cool Runnings and given that Alex rode Spooky Wood there’s at least some evidence that he likes that sort of trail too. Personally I’d prefer it if Pennel’s Vennel were still an option but I know the reasons that it isn’t.

Also saving a few minutes on a climb by taking a fire road instead of some singletrack is a poor trade, IMO.

AlexSimon

taking a fire road instead of some singletrack is a poor trade, IMO.

I’m of the same opinion normally

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Tick! I really don’t know off piste GT well enough.

It’s only pedally if you canny carry speed out if the corners.

backinireland
    Free Member

trail_rat
    Free Member

Heading down today to see if I remember what Oli and Felix showed me the last couple of times down there.( The white stick , mast of Zorro ,broom troot , angry sheep , green wing and linking up of carls lane into ho chi Minh , zoom or bust and then the janets brae spiders web of trails into Peebles for Forsyths pies 🙂 – I suspect I’ll need trailforks to remember where all those start…..

After taking the newly built ibis for a spin at pitfichie on Sunday I feel Glentress as a place might begin to make more sense to my normally rambling round the hills on natural stuff mind.

As trail centres never seemed to have any flow on my xc bikes – they required man handling down 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Lasagne pie from Forsythes Terry, double carbs!.

legend
    Free Member

The white stick , mast of Zorro ,broom troot , angry sheep , green wing and linking up of carls lane into ho chi Minh , zoom or bust and then the janets brae spiders web of trails into Peebles for Forsyths pies – I suspect I’ll need trailforks to remember where all those start…..

Good luck with that, two of them start in Inners….

trail_rat
    Free Member

Very good

Last time I checked it was still part of tweed valley.

Still parked up at GT when I rode them 😉

legend
    Free Member

Fair enough, was surprised to see them in the middle of the list

trail_rat
    Free Member

They are worth the slog to be fair. The link trail back to the inners descent is good too. No idea what that’s called .

fergal
    Free Member

Bit blowy out there, don’t forget you’re windproof :-).

AlexSimon

don’t forget you’re windproof :-).

I’m definitely not. Like a crisp bag 😉

fergal
    Free Member

Looks like ophelia will have past by midday anyways, happy trails!.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Cracking wee solo day at GT – did all the bits I wanted the thanks to trailforks –

Jenny’s brae to mast
    Carl’s lane
    Boundary
    B plan (that’s for you northy!)
    Mild peril (da baws!)
    Up redemption
    Broon troot
    Ewok/matrix/bitch/ponduro (my fave!)
    Back to mast
    Carl’s
    Hi chi minh
    Zoom or bust
    Dave’s (must’ve missed the fort)

Grand day, pretty benign conditions.

speedstar

For anyone who stopped to help me on community service yesterday, many thanks. Only needed 4 stitches in the end. Will enhance the Halloween costume!

matt_outandabout

😯

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Tweed Valley trails not part of Glentress or Innerleithen’ is closed to new replies.