Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Tweed valley riders
  • ehrob

Due to retirement and various other excuses of riding buddies I’d like to meet some more. If anyone else is looking for a buddy for riding/training then get in touch. Would be interested to hear of any organised group rides too if anyone knows of any.

I mainly ride in the Tweed Valley (think Inners and Caberston more than Glentress) and am Edinburgh based, so do most of my riding at the weekends. Standard is pretty average – doing a bit of enduro racing starting end of March having had my first season at it last year.

Cheers

ehrob

Cheers Bob – social media leper here, may have to get back on it!

Northwind

If you’ve got the inclination, a good way would be to come along to the trailfairies- we usually ride after digging and it’s a good chat in general.

I usually ride solo because I’m unreliable tbh 😳 So let’s not go there, I’ll only end up turning up an hour late and possibly in the wrong palce.

honeybadgerx

There’s also a weekly evening ride in the Pentlands that no-one goes on!

ehrob

Cheers for the replies.

NW – I know what you mean – riding solo does have its benefits. Happy doing a certain amount it, just find it becomes a bit of a drag if I do too much of it. Plus I don’t seem to be getting any faster, hopefully having someone to chase may help. Presume the Trailfairy dig dates are also on FB somewhere?

The pseudogroup Pentlands ride sounds cack. That being said, I do ride the trails at Bonaly quite a lot. Maybe once the evenings are a bit longer I’ll see if anyone fancies going up.

bigjim

The pseudogroup Pentlands ride sounds cack

It was really good actually, good group and good trails, just lost momentum.

gazb74
    Free Member

I usually ride the tweed valley couple of times through the week,if your heading over through the week anytime give me a shout!weekends are a bit more uncertain for me

ehrob

Cheers Gaz, will do, work tends to get in the way during the week unfortunately.

Wasn’t bashing the Pentlands group rides, more the idea of going on a group ride that nobody else goes on. Would be interested as I live on the south side of town.

Northwind

ehrob – Member

NW – I know what you mean – riding solo does have its benefits. Happy doing a certain amount it, just find it becomes a bit of a drag if I do too much of it.

Ah, that’s not exactly what I meant, it was more “don’t make plans to go riding with me because I’ll piss you off” 😆

Trailfairies are every 2nd week usually, next is the 20th. Facebook stuff here:
    https://www.facebook.com/trailfairies/?fref=ts

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

The Pentlands rides were good, just got a bit big so there was more chatting than riding some nights. We also had a few wet summers and the trails started to suffer from over use when wet. A whole bunch of us started having kids too which has a habit of getting in the way of going for a ride.

jimmy

A whole bunch of us started having kids too which has a habit of getting in the way of going for a ride.

Don’t go pointing the finger over my way. Well…OK then…

I’m in the same league as NW – generally unreliable when it comes to planning a ride unless the stars are aligned.

chickenman

Ehrob: You sound like in a similar position to myself, mainly riding on my own (often because I leave plans till late in the day). Golfie,Inners Thorny + Yair are where I ride, Dunkeld + Aberfoyle too when it’s drier.
    Pm me if you want to meet up.
    Rick

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Tweed valley riders’ is closed to new replies.