Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Tweed riding gear
  • Dibs
    Free Member

Going on a ride in London on Saturday which requires everyone to wear Tweed, so any funny suggestions you may have for me before I start to search the charity shops.

Cheers

Dibs

akira

Rapha do tweed, nice and cheap as well!

mAx_hEadSet

es skate gear did a rather nice / nasty range of chinese tweed jackets…. not quite Harris but almost, I even featured in a mbuk 4x spectacular wearing it

pk-ripper
    Free Member

rapha’s the only decent tweed to ride in.

The rest is all a little but tragic.

gusamc
    Free Member

dress up as a cannabis plant and go as t’weed ……

BigDummy
    Free Member

I have an Austin Reed tweed jacket which fits rather well. It is comfortable to ride gently in and looks good. He says firmly.

🙂

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

If you are wearing tweed trousers make sure you wear long pants underneath or your thighs and bum will look like something on a butcher’s slab

Anyway, you going to tell us why tweed? Is it a gentleman mountain bikers campaign for more city shooting?

TooTall
    Free Member

Rapha tweed? Pfft.

Dashing Tweeds do the most splendid cycling tweeds known to man. Bespoke, so a bit late for this weekend. Even Mr Fisher agrees with me:

miketually
    Free Member

I’ve seen instructions online for turning full-length trousers into 3/4 length riding trousers, such as would have been worn by the more refined riding gentleman of yesteryear. A quick Google should turn them up.

Have a look at http://www.3speedtour.com/ and http://tweed.cc/ for inspiration.

I need a tweed jacket for riding to work, to go with my new beard.

Dibs
    Free Member

Tweed is the theme of the ride so it would seem bad taste to turn up without any I got a Tweed suit from a charity shop today, maybe I’ll post some pictures to give you all a laugh

noteeth
    Free Member

Tweed in their shoes.

Bad T.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Mr Fisher is wearing a rather natty line of Paul Smith.

Thats a photo outside his shop in Covent Garden.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Tweed riding gear’ is closed to new replies.