Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • TV/Sky gurus is this a good way to link sky to another TV?
  • waihiboy
    Free Member

Found this on ebay…

i guess i need to buy 2 x coaxial cables, one end goes from skybox to skylink, the other goes from skylink to secondary tv?

are they any good, any other alternatives?

cheers

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Well I use a Slingbox to link my TV in the front room to a Direct TV box in MIchigan and I get a perfect picture.

neilb67
    Free Member

Yes ive used it when I had Sky. Works really well but obviously what is viewed on the second tv will have to be watched on the first tv. Only thing is the quality is a bit lost as it is from the RF output.

midwales
    Free Member

it will work fine. just remeber to turn on rf2 power in the setting menu.

waihiboy
    Free Member

cheers all,

yeah i will be playing on the ps3 downstairs and the dear wife will be watching sky in the bedroom.

can you explain what you mean by "just remeber to turn on rf2 power in the setting menu."?

cheers

uplink
    Free Member

you need to turn the 12v power supply on for RF output 2 [this is where you'll connect the coax going to the other room]

Services > 4 > 0 > 1 > Select should do it

Top.Dog
    Free Member

not sure they work with Sky+ though?

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

Top Dog – they do work with Sky+ if you get a remote that has the sky+ options on it.

Satcure has pretty much everything you could want for an installation
    Sat Cure Remote Extenders page

One thing you may find. you can plug the RF2 output into your aerial socket, and then plug the extender into the second TV. then just tune one of the channels of the second TV into the Sky output as you would any normal terrestial channel.
    If you find the second TV picture is snowy then you can try running a shielded CO AX direct

shinsplints

I have been using one for the last 2 years into my sons bedroom,no problems.Then,yesterday when the new sky card arrived,the "Magic Eye" upstairs stopped working.Conincidence ?
    Anyone else found this or know how I can rectify it ? I have noticed the small red led on the input for the eye on the back of the tv in his room is off.Uplink,tried what you suggested,I dont think its right – anyone ?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘TV/Sky gurus is this a good way to link sky to another TV?’ is closed to new replies.