Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • tv/monitor for new to zwift setup
  • dogxcd

I’m in the process of organising a smart turbo setup in garage for wife & self
    turbos are bought & installed
    plan to use iOS devices with wired connections to separate monitors for each of us
    the tv will be 3-4′ away from us
    I was planning on 28″ screens
    If I use a couple of old-ish tvs of around this size , currently not being used-would I get a satisfactory picture with these[cheapies from Netto etc]
    I’ve looked at new monitors with mentions of refresh rate & lag-
    I don’t want to spend a huge amount of money-maybe £150 per tv/monitor each
    what would readers recommend please?

welshfarmer

When I bought a new 42″ TV for the living room the old 32″ flat screen went in the cellar on an old PC for Zwift and other catch-up TV when on the Turbo. Zwift is not exactly an immersive HD experince, and done well you won’t be looking at the screen that much anyway! Even with the absolute minimum graphics that Zwift will work with that my PC has I find it perfectly acceptable.

Poopscoop

Don’t worry too much about lag and refresh rated for Zwift.

That’s more about fps games where split seconds are massively important.

I’ll be getting whatever cheap 32″ is around soon for Zwift. Seated on bike around 5 feet away. Might go for a bigger screen if cheap enough. You just don’t want it so close you see “jaggies” or individual blocks of pixels.

I would go full hd too, don’t go 720p for anything these days I would say unless your driving it from a PC or whatever without much muscle.

wilburt
    Free Member

I use an old Samsung TV, its big maybe 47” at a guess but old tech so probably 720p.

Everything looks great, PC’s at max setting and its very immersive.

If I was starting again (and buying kit not using what I had) I would have two smaller TV’s. One for Zwift and maybe Netlix on the other. Two 32’s would be ideal.

dogxcd

thanks all for your thoughts and advice-it looks like a couple of 28″ cheap HD screens for me then
    cheers
    dog

Poopscoop

You’ll never regret getting a bigger tv for any use though.

That’s a rule of thumb that is SO true. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘tv/monitor for new to zwift setup’ is closed to new replies.