Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Tvandhifitrackworld – help required
  • chief1409
    Free Member

Got Sky Q installed yesterday. Managed to get it for no extra cost and I was already in a good deal!

Anyway, sky q box doesn’t have an analogue audio output only optical. My old Cyrus amp doesn’t do digital audio. I know I can buy an optical to analogue convertor but I’ve got further complications of a dvd player and sonos playbar, so looking for some help from the hive.

Previous setup was:
    Sky box to amp via analogue
    Sky box to TV via hdmi
    DVD to TV via hdmi
    TV to playbar via optical.

Maybe wasn’t the best setup but meant I had all sound via playbar and floorstanders too if I wanted.

What’s the best way and most efficient way to connect my current kit as I’ve now no analogue out of sky box?

gobuchul
    Free Member

You need a DAC. You can spend a few quid to thousands.

I would do the same connections as above but with a DAC between Sky Box and Amp.

If the Sky Box has a Coaxial digital out, I would use that rather than optical.

Cheap DAC on Amazon £12

simon_g

Maybe I’m missing something but what do you get out of having the Sky box hooked up to your amp if you have the Sonus playbar? Radio when the TV’s not on?

Let everything go to your TV via HDMI, then optical from TV to playbar. Cheap optical DAC for going to your amp if you really need that.

chief1409
    Free Member

I’ve got floorstanding speakers via the amp and would like to have sound via these too.

chief1409
    Free Member

Cheers gobuchul. That was my plan really, just wanted someone else to agree!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Tvandhifitrackworld – help required’ is closed to new replies.