Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • TV with Built in Freeview
  • LoveTubs
    Free Member

Just purchased a fancy tv with built in free view.

Done the scan thing, on both the Air and Cable setting but there’s no sign of any new freeview channels … other than BBC1 to 3 in HD. Oh, and cbeebies.

The built in freeview put an extra few notes on the price, so I’m a tad miffed at the result. Surely I don’t have to buy a bloomin freeview box?

Any gurus out there?

Happy NY btw 🙂

Edric64
    Free Member

aerial upgrade or booster may be needed .

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Maybe you’ve just got it default set on Analogue(sp?) TV (ATV), try switching it to Digital (DTV) in a pop up menu? It should work then, well it did for me! On my TV it’s in inputs menu, the one that allows you to switch between HDMI and various other inputs (scart etc). When I got my TV I was in the same situation, fannied around trying to get all the new fancy channels, but no, eventually realised I had to change the input to DTV, so I guess it defaults to old skool ATV(analogue).

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

PS. It is possible that your ariel is pointing at a transmitter that hasn’t been upgraded to Digital. In my case, my ariel is 20+ years old and has never been repositioned and I could never get Ch5 with the old TV, but I think Yorkshire transmitters have all been modified to digital now, so it was no problem once I realised it needed changing to the DTV setting on my TV.

LoveTubs
    Free Member

Thanks for the help guys, I’ll have another look-see in the set section…think you might be right regarding the ariel….as this thread suggests.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101205080815AAxeu8v

Don’t want to pay some ladder-wielding monkey to bodge it so I’ll have to dig out my climbing gear and get up on the roof and DIY it….

….keep an eye out on the news later in the week 😆

Blower
    Free Member

B.A.Nana – Member

PS. It is possible that your ariel is pointing at a transmitter that hasn’t been upgraded to Digital. In my case, my ariel is 20+ years old and has never been repositioned and I could never get Ch5 with the old TV, but I think Yorkshire transmitters have all been modified to digital now, so it was no problem once I realised it needed changing to the DTV setting on my TV.

hmm same here still cant get ch5,has all yorkshire switched over to digital now then?

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

i’ve a spare digital aerial in my loft if you need it, shipley. just stick the new one inside the loft for easier access and a longer life.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

try looking on here
    http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/

Nibsy
    Free Member

Yep, try the digital uk link and pop your post code in and it will show you the channels available in your area. I’ve just got Digital HD with a telly but don’t get many channels due to where I live.

uplink
    Free Member

i’ve a spare digital aerial in my loft if you need it

No such thing as a digital aerial
    As long as it is the correct band for your transmitter, any old thing will do the job

squin
    Free Member

Try one of the plug in signal boosters. Just had a similar problem and was sorted with a booster.

<<Click Here>> £8.99

If you have an Asda near you, they also sell them.

Stu.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘TV with Built in Freeview’ is closed to new replies.