Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • TV with built in Feesat recorder (PVR) – do they exist?
  • mudmuncher

Looking for a new TV around 40 Inches.

I notice a lot of them now come with a built in Freesat tuner, however as far as I can tell none of them have have a recorder built in. Was hoping to ditch my Humax PVR and just buy a TV with this built in but it doesn’t look like this exists.(unless anyone can tell me otherwise?? – maybe it could be done with an external USB drive etc?)

sharkbait
    Free Member

Some TVs allow you to record straight to a USB drive but this does not include pause/rewind or recording one channel while watching another.
    TVs are also too thin now to fit a PVR inside and if your TV broke you’d lose your PVR, so on the whole not a good idea.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

My Panasonic G20 plasma allows you to record on to a USB drive, it also lets you do pause/rewind.

Only one tuner though, so not multichannel stuff. Though it has Freeview too, so you can switch to that. Freeview doesn’t work in my area unfortunately.

You don’t see a lot of TVs with built in Freesat – I got that a few years back and they were rare then.

Cougar

You’re probably better off with separate boxes anyway, then you can upgrade one side without the other.

simon_g

Likewise, our Sony has freesat and freeview tuners – with a USB hard disk attached it will record. The experience isn’t great though – it works OK if you want something recorded when you’re out but quite liable to drop a recording if you’re doing something else with the TV (even just watching something via a HDMI port).

A Humax freesat/freetime box will be <£200 and do a vastly better job.

cp

My Sony 705b has a sat tuner built in with usb port recording. You don’t get the full on freesat ‘freetime’ 7 day epg but you receive all the free to air sat channels and it has a now and next guide.

gobuchul
    Free Member

My Panasonic has built in Freesat and Freeview. Full 7 day EPG.

You can record onto USB, if you have both connected I believe you can record several channels, twin sat and twin tuner.

Unfortunately you cannot pause for some reason.

mudmuncher

Thanks, will look into this a bit more. The Humax I have has always had lip sync issues in HD with my LG TV with Humax blaming LG and LG blaming Humax, hence the reason I thought it would be good to get it all built in.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Thanks, will look into this a bit more. The Humax I have has always had lip sync issues in HD with my LG TV with Humax blaming LG and LG blaming Humax, hence the reason I thought it would be good to get it all built in.

Some TVs have an input lag as they upscale to the resolution of the screen, and some TVs are worse than others.

I have just bought a humax DTR-T2000 and I think I saw that it had an Audio delay configuration.

However the required audio delay can change depending on the amount of upscaling the TV has to do.

I found that the best bet to avoid sync issues is to take the audio feed for the stereo from the TV itself (many have an optical out), and not from the PVR/DVD player.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘TV with built in Feesat recorder (PVR) – do they exist?’ is closed to new replies.