Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • TV Tonight – C5 7pm – my sister's show!
  • siwhite
    Free Member

Thought I should plug my little sister’s TV show, which is on this evening – Channel 5, 7pm, Go Hard or Go Home.

The basic idea is that she takes a group of ordinary folk, gives them 12 weeks of training and they complete a huge physical endurance challenge. This week, four WI Ladies have 12 weeks to train for a half Ironman.

Go Hard or Go Home

portlyone

Is your sister the ecstatic No. 2250?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Watched it last week. it was unintentionally hilarious, well worth a watch.

project
    Free Member

Very good programe last week with the Doctors, funny, and serious in places,well filmed and edited.

maxtorque

I assume your sister is the “fit” one?

😉

siwhite
    Free Member

Yes to Hannah being second from the right!

teethgrinder

She’s FAF!

lilchris
    Free Member

shwing

wiggles
    Free Member

Did you just agree that your sister was fit? 😉

In the exercises way obviously…
    Will set to record.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

FFS come on, it’s his sister leave it out you bunch of dirty b****S!!!!

jekkyl

good teeth.

maxtorque

No wedding ring?? …………

DezB
    Free Member

7pm? Robson Green is your sister? Cool.

takisawa2

Can she wop your ass op ?
    🙂

donks
    Free Member

l

This is tame….in the old days this thread would have been on page 3 by now with sorted comments a plenty….. Saying that she is quite hot 😉

hammyuk
    Free Member

I seem to recall a thread with pics a while back and the consensus was the Munge-Chick is rather hot too….

grey

Awesome result by the ladies, kinda makes me ashamed my challenge is to finish the King and Queen of the hill enduro after a dnf last year, I think I need to mtfu.
    Oh and can I have your sisters number :lol:.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Was she on it last week?

nickhart
    Free Member

Si, pass this on to your sister, I found it incredibly moving. Seeing people push their boundaries and do stuff they never thought themselves capable of was brilliant.

siwhite
    Free Member

Nick – done, thanks for the kind words…

somouk
    Free Member

It’s an interesting program and one that will show a lot of couch potatoes who feel exercise is beyond them that it is possible to do amazing things.

However, they should have stopped that girl running when her knee was hurting, potentially serious injury she had and to end up in A and E afterwards shows poor form from the medics.

unovolo
    Free Member

2249 has that look on her face when you have let one off and realised its a wet one!

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Watched last weeks, and it shows what can be done. Especially the old guy, he really picked it up by the event, I thought he might have a hearty at first when he couldn’t manage the assessment exercises.

I did think a couple of times that it would be dangerous to let the bloke who couldn’t ride a bike go down a mountain descent. Fortunately he was happy to stop at the top of the first climb. Still a good effort in 12 weeks.

Got WI on SKY+ to watch after tonights turbo fest.

zilog6128

However, they should have stopped that girl running when her knee was hurting, potentially serious injury she had and to end up in A and E afterwards shows poor form from the medics.

Yeah that’s exactly what I though. I would have thought they’d been told, “if anything hurts, stop immediately”, especially as they weren’t in great shape when they started. The lady who got injured seemed very determined/bloody minded though, which might explain why she carried on.

I also thought including the boot-camp was a bad idea as well, proper form is vital for any exercising IMO which is impossible when you are rushing about with a load of scary blokes shouting at you! The presenter even (potentially) implied that was where the injury was picked up which would not surprise me at all.

Excellent show otherwise though, really inspiring!

maxtorque

Anyone watching this weeks show?

Wow, Hannah has just gone up massively in my estimation re: the steroids revelation!

zilog6128

didn’t see that one coming 😯

bigG
    Free Member

Oooft,, Big Eddie was ‘roided right up!

Have to say the show’s not fantastic, but the ops sister’s enthusiasm makes it watchable.

maxtorque

She’s certainly got some balls! 😉

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

To the OP. What’s your sisters background, is she a coach or a presenter with a sports background?

siwhite
    Free Member

Re background – bit of everything really, but mostly sailing. She put together a crew for Cowes week one year and was the youngest skipper they’d ever had, which got her great publicity (sponsored by Brian May at one point) and built up towards single handed transatlantic races. The last one she did about four years ago she won her class and was the fastest girl in the race.

Moved towards media and broadcasting as a boyfriend at the time was doing the world matchracing tour – mostly Internet TV stuff but it cut her teeth with TV. She then moved to London and caught a few breaks and ended up doing the live commentary for the London 2012 sailing events in Weymouth. She presented a piece on Countryfile late last year and has a few more booked in for 2014. She is also a Global Brand Ambassador for Land Rover.

More here… Hannah-White.com

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘TV Tonight – C5 7pm – my sister's show!’ is closed to new replies.