Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • TV Programmes that should be filmed again today
  • matt_outandabout

Spitting Image – so much material at present, so little p*ss taking.

The Munro Show – with another comedy presenter of course. Great new images of hills and landscapes through modern cameras, opportunity to share hills with the masses.

maccruiskeen

Spitting Image – so much material at present, so little p*ss taking.

They couldn’t make and skip the puppets fast enough. Latex doesn’t set fast enough for todays political careers 🙂

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

The Generation Game

Kick Start

Like all remakes though, any attempt to do again is always naff

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Spitting image? No point till you an make a satire from from real life. At the moment you just need to report it.

slowoldman

Satire died shortly after real life copied The Day Today.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Superstars…..but with athletes who are at the top of their game instead of retired like the last lame rehash was.

Even though I hate football, one of the abiding memories of my childhood was watching Kevin Keegan take a tumble off a “racer” on an ash running track.

[video]https://youtu.be/n4OzPrskdqU[/video]

No currently playing top flight footballer would be prepared (or permitted ) to take such risks just for entertainment.

The Krypton Factor

edit: looks like it was brought back for two series in 2009, don’t remember that.

PJM1974
    Free Member

As a child, I could only name most of the cabinet members and opposition because of Spitting Image. It really is ripe for a new audience, I imagine the writers would have a field day with our current elected (and mostly unelected) inadequates.

perchypanther
    Free Member

For all the Spitting Image fans….it’s already been kinda done….

it starts again a week on Saturday.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newzoids

Cougar

The Adventure Game.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Gronda gronda rangdo!

Cougar

Pleased to meet you, your highness.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Another series of ‘The Wire’ please – no remakes, doesn’t matter if a single character from the original is in it – no fuss and nonsense, here’s series 6, set 9-10 years later showing the front line drug trade in 2016.

footflaps

The Adventure Game.

Oh come on! That was truly shit he first time round!

Cougar

Hang on, let me get the hammer.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

A Very Peculiar Practice, maybe this time in a teaching hospital?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Pleased to meet you, your highness

Doogy rev!

ssboggy

The A Team

Cougar

Doogy rev!

He’s on Twitter, you know.

stewartc
    Free Member

Monkey

deadkenny
    Free Member

footflaps – Member 

The Adventure Game.

Oh come on! That was truly shit he first time round!

It was awesome in an ultra low budget shit kind of way. Those BBC Micro graphics on the vortex! 😀

Whole show must have been made for £5

pondo

Superchamps

ninfan
    Free Member

Now get out of that!

wors

Baywatch…..

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Someone said A-Team – be careful what you wish for.. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/a-team-becomes-latest-tv-827015

jamj1974

Now Get Out of That was a brilliant programme! The Adventure Game too! What about Knightmare with Brian Blessed as Tregard and proper computer graphics? “WARNING TEAM”!

scotroutes

Love Thy Neighbour

Coyote
    Free Member

😆 😆 😆

Cougar

What about Knightmare

Every time I hit “Dismiss” on an Outlook calendar reminder, a little voice in my head goes “Spellcasting: D-I-S…”

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Rentaghost, this time with Ricky Gervais as the jester and Shappi Khorsandi as Hazel McWitch.

Star Trek. Oh, hang on…

jekkyl

jackanory.

Jim fix it, but instead of kids going to Disney World all the kids he abused get retribution in some way!?

ratherbeintobago

A Very Peculiar Practice, maybe this time in a teaching hospital?

“No bread”

“No milk”

“Right, I’ll go and nick some from the wards; you inform Amnesty International of our plight”

CountZero

I’ll say Blake’s 7, with current Doctor Who production values, and a proper dark tone for adults.
    But who could replace Avon and Servalan? Boy, did I ever have a case of the hots for her!

‘Whimper’

project
    Free Member

are you being served currently being re made as is Steptoe and son, Till death do us apart also planned.

Top gear in a new format being made available on the internet in autumn,same actors different cars.

How,

Thunderbirds and captain scarlet currenntly being re made with real marionettes, eg puppets,

jekkyl

BLANKETY BLANK is also coming back.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Blake’s 7 has been often rumoured. So much time has past and along with some deaths, old cast is no go obviously. A Doctor Who style continuation would confuse most the audience who wouldn’t have a clue what it was about. Needs a BSG style reimagining reboot. Keep all the darker elements, the federation, but ditch all the really crap monster/alien of the week stuff it fell into.

martinhutch

Blake’s 7 had the coolest guns and spaceship ever! I wept bitter tears when Gan got squashed by a polystyrene door.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

It’s a knockout

copa
    Free Member

Now get out of that!

I loved that show. Gentle bumbling; low-key and amusing.
    If they remade it today it would end up being I’m a Celebrity.

unklehomered
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rOMGIbY-9s[/video]

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘TV Programmes that should be filmed again today’ is closed to new replies.