Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • TV ghosting help
  • maycontainnuts

I recently joined the 21st century and ditched the old CRT telly for a spanking new panasonic tx40cs520b. Now most of the time the picture is great, but certain programmes suffer a sort of motion blur. Example. Watching re runs of stargate sg1 (don’t judge me) and it’s really quite prominent, but it’s only the programme that’s affected, adverts are pin sharp again.

Anything I should be looking at in the settings?
    Watching through manhattan freesat box also new, hdmi lead to telly.

Any help appreciated.

maccruiskeen

Do you think you’re being haunted by the ghost of your old telly?

Drac
    maycontainnuts

Thanks Drac, but that link is well above my comfort zone. 😳

Alter the motion processing

Do what to the what now?

I can’t find anything with “motion control” in the settings, you’re going to have to dumb it down some more I’m afraid.

Drac

This any good?

[video]http://youtu.be/r9BV4cuy2NU[/video]

I’ve no idea where the settings are sorry, I’ve a Samsung.

mattyfez

Can you test a more direct source such as dvd or bluray player?

If it’s just the star gate reruns it suggests they are just poor quality streams.

The problems with hd fancy screens is that lower quality streams/tv really shows.

A bit like buying a fancy hifi and discovering how badly produced a lot of albums are!

Cougar

a) switch off all the clever shit that fannies about with the picture.

b) are you sure it’s the TV and not the source? Is there any common denominator with what you’re watching being symptomatic or not?

deadkenny
    Free Member

Anything that says motion processing, motion this or that, smoothing, noise reduction, etc… just turn it all off.

It’s all there to smooth out rubbish quality inputs or to overly smooth films so they look more like live daytime TV than a piece of art.

Also mess with the contrast, colour/saturation, brightness and especially sharpness. The latter can usually be turned down to zero unless the input is standard definition being fed off SCART or worse. Usually there’s a ‘film’ preset which is often better than the over saturated mode used to demo TVs in shops.

Basically, turn all the crap off and tone the picture down, then start from there. You might want to re-enable some a little over time to suit.

maycontainnuts

Thanks cougar, DK. I’ll fiddle with the nobs a bit more and see how it goes, but I think maybe matteyfez has it – just a poor quality stream.

Cheers all.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘TV ghosting help’ is closed to new replies.