• This topic has 8 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • TV for playing GTA on
  • spw3

Good evening one and all,

with Thanksgiving now safely out of the way, the Three Pond Disaster narrowly averted and the pheasant season begun, a young gentleman’s thoughts naturally turn to…equipping the games room in the East Wing.

Although still struggling by with a lowly xbox 360, nevertheless one does rather fancy whiling away the darker evenings playing GTA, while mrs spw3 is away earning a crust.

The question is of course how big should the screen be?

I plan on reclining on a chaise*, the foot of which will be 3 feet from the wall on which Mr Norbury shall affix the screen. I would estimate that my head will be around 8-10 feet from the screen. I had planned on 24″ but fear that even with my best spectacles on that may be too small. Alternatively I could purchase a much larger screen for daily viewing – the 40″ screen does now look rather small in the drawing room – and move that into the East Wing.

Any thoughts, darlings?

*in fact a sofa

RustySpanner

Got a Sony about 18 months ago as a second/gaming TV as they had the lowest lag and it had a slightly better picture than anything else.

Great for games and a superb picture, but really awful interface and remote, which would make it annoying as a main TV.

spw3

How big did you go and how far away from the screen do you sit? The TV downstairs is a Sony.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Projector and fill the whole wall. We used to play unreal tournament like this at work, it was ace

RustySpanner

It’s a 42 and I sit about seven or eight feet away, or the length of the controller cable, depending.
    🙂

It’s a KDL W705B btw.

spw3

Hmmm. The downstairs TV is 40″

Perhaps I should replace that and “repurpose it” upstairs.

Drac

You need one with fast refresh rates Samsung mid to high range models always rate highly for gaming.

spw3

How fast is an acceptable refresh rate? To be fair I have no idea what the refresh rate on the current TV is.

Drac

You want a minimum of 60Hz but more is better.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘TV for playing GTA on’ is closed to new replies.