Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • TV cartoon drawing show of yesteryear – amnesia content
  • Woodcutter
    Free Member

Me and Mrs Woodcutter have vague recollections of a TV show where (now this is going to be a bit vague) 3 cartoonists would draw their cartoons in front of the camera. Mrs W thinks Ronald Searle (RIP today – which is why we were thinking about this in the first place)and Rolf Harris might have been involved. I seem to remember Willie Rushton drawing things on TV. What was that show? Please help a couple of old farts (can I say FARTS on STW) with their trip down memory lane.

MSP

Possibly Rolf’s cartoon club.

Cougar

Are you thinking of Quick on the Draw, perhaps? Took me a minute, that.

Cougar

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1260882/

Two celebrities and a professional cartoonist ( usually Bill Tidy ) would sit before easels and be given a topic on which to make a lightning-fast sketch. The funniest one received the most points. The celebrities included the likes of Spike Milligan, Charlie Drake, Roy Castle, Michael Bentine, and Rolf Harris ( the latter two went on to host in later seasons ).

Dunno about Ron Searle though.

Woodcutter
    Free Member

Cougar – Quick on the Draw – that’s the one. Bill Tidy – yes it was him! Cheers Mate.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘TV cartoon drawing show of yesteryear – amnesia content’ is closed to new replies.