Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • TV, Broadband & Landline – Who to go with?
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Requirements

TV – Not big TV watchers but MrsWCA does like the crime series on channels like Alibi and we record a few series, pause live TV and rewind/fast forwardf. Don’t watch any football and can’t remember the last movie I watched.

Broadband – I work a lot from home so reliable and fast. Don’t stream videos so not massive monthly data amounts but must always be available

Landline – MrsWCA uses it more than the mobile and is probably the main phone people use to contact us. I have a works mobile which I can also use for personal.

Providers

Sky – Don’t want Sky as it appears to be led my morally vacuous criminals

Virgin – With them at the moment and the internet keeps breaking. Their customer relations people sound nice and friendly but don’t actually appear to do anything. The remote for their TV box is exactly symmetrical so you have to actually look at the buttons to work out if it is pointing the right way – okay not a big deal but I have lost track of how many times I have changed channels when trying to adjust the volume

BT – I was with them without any real issues until Virgin tempted me away with promises of smaller bills and faster internet

At the moment I am thinking of switching to BT but anyone else I should consider?

martinhutch

At the moment I am thinking of switching to BT but anyone else I should consider?

Noooo!

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/the-joy-of-btpile-of-shit-company-content

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

If you want fast BB on a tight budget, it is hard to look past BT Infinity and landline phone, using Topcashback to get ~£115+ cashback (which will cover virtually all the 12 months promotional BB price of Infinity1). Don’t forget to pay the 12 months phone rental up front for a 10% saving, the BB was/is 12 months minimum contract.

Also you get a £100 BT Reward Card these days, something we missed out on when we signed up last summer.

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/bt_total_broadband/

We’ve never done fancy Tv packages, I hardly watch any normal freeview TV these days, but my better half has an Amazon Prime account (~£60 per year) that comes with Prime Video these days. Besides the films, lots of season boxsets, maybe that will cover MrsWCA’s needs and you get quick deliveries for most stuff?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘TV, Broadband & Landline – Who to go with?’ is closed to new replies.