Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • TV aerial splitter and booster ? What do I need ?
  • renton
    Free Member

So I have one aerial on the roof and need to split the signal to feed two rooms.

I have a plug socket in the loft I could plug something into but I’m not sure what’s best to get.

Help !!

Cougar

If you need a booster, then what you need there is a better aerial. “Signal boosters” are crap IME, they boost the signal but boost the noise so you’re no nearer.

A decent aerial should feed two sets no problem.

renton
    Free Member

Ok so what splitter do I need then ?

I’m a bit in the dark about all this as normally have sky but our new tenants want freeview.

We have an aerial on the roof and about 10 wires in the loft ??

Cougar

We have an aerial on the roof and about 10 wires in the loft ??

You appreciate the difficulty in advising what your “ten wires” could be, yes?

When I needed a second TV, I had a man with a ladder run a second cable from the aerial.

Ton’s the man you need here IIRC.

renton
    Free Member

I’ve just been up in the second loft and there is another aerial up there that looks newer than the one on the roof.

Aerial wires all over the place, some brown and some black. Some are just loose in the loft.

I’ve also just found an “sac” splitter that I’m not sure what it feeds as two of the wires that run down the outside of the house have no signal ???

Very weird.

Drac

Follow the cables, mark the ones in use with cable ties then remove the others.

granny_ring

Ton on here does this kind of stuff, got me a booster a while back.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘TV aerial splitter and booster ? What do I need ?’ is closed to new replies.