Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • TV Aerial but no signal!!
  • badgerbater
    Free Member

Any TV boffins about? Moved into a new house which has a 6 way aerial amplifier and an additional 2 room signal booster. Although the BT youview box works only when connected to the aerial socket, a conventional freeview TV says there is no signal. I’ve tried two different TVs in different rooms but again no signal from the various aerial sockets. Anyone know what I may be doing wrong? I’ve contacted the previous property owners, but all was working when they left. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

project
    Free Member

check the aeriel amplifier is switched on and plugged in.Usually in the attic or a utility room behind a flap or smmall access door.

badgerbater
    Free Member

I’ve got good loft access and have checked the connections and even turned off and turned on both boxes again; still no signal. I’ve moved from Bucks to Wiltshire, numpty question, but will a modern TV automatically retune?

joat

You could try turning the TVs on and off with the remote or a long press of the standby switch. I thought our aerial had been damaged in the high winds as the telly said no signal, but a little angry technophobe prodding seemed to do the trick.

project
    Free Member

Try doing a rescan with the tv plugged in.Look on MENU for rescan.

ton

daft question i know, but is there a aerial on the roof/in the loft?

badgerbater
    Free Member

Yes, there’s an aerial in the loft. I’ll try the rescan and report back…

badgerbater
    Free Member

Yes, both tv’s needed a rescan; all up and running now!
    Many thanks to your responses.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘TV Aerial but no signal!!’ is closed to new replies.