• This topic has 21 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Turning into a miserable old git
  • Harry_the_Spider

I’ve taken the next step towards gitdom. The lane that I live on is quite narrow and if somebody parks too close to the end of my drive it isn’t possible to get off because the house opposite has a very low wall right up against the road that you can’t see from inside your car. The only option is to turn the other way and head off up the road to turn round at the village hall (about ¼ mile). If a car is parked on the other side of the drive as well we’re knackered.

At 6:45 this morning we were blocked in and had to get both of our cars off.

So… I lost it… I went and did it… I wrote a polite note and stuck it behind the windscreen wiper of the car blocking me in and asked them if they wouldn’t mind awfully parking 3ft further up the road in future thanks very much sorry for the inconvenience etc.

Sometimes I hate being a middle aged middle class Englishman who will go out of the way to avoid confrontation. I feel like I’m Victor Meldrew.

Tony Soprano would have dealt with the situation differently.

Nick

Writting a note, asking politely if someone would park 3 feet further down the road doesn’t really sound like you “lost it”, in fact it sounds like a totally reasonably thing to do.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Should have got some prit stick and glued it to the drivers side window rather than the windscreen. It’s both hard to get off, the driver can’t see the wing mirror so is a constant nusance rather than blocking thier view through the windscreen you simply annoy them but they can at least drive off. Oh and they actually see the note, turn it inside out so the writing is facing the inside of the car.

I used to do this at work. We had a private carpark just of a busy rabbit run/residential area. Same thing used to happen to us, blocked in etc. This proved to be both the best and most polite method*.

*other methods are available, not quite so polite methods I may add.

Nick

Oh and if they do park a bit further away, leave a nice note saying thanks with a big smiley face written in yellow highlighter.

Harry_the_Spider

Writting a note, asking politely if someone would park 3 feet further down the road doesn’t really sound like you “lost it”, in fact it sounds like a totally reasonably thing to do.

Polite on the outside. Seething ball of pent up rage on the inside.

bellerophon
    Free Member

So… I lost it… I went and did it… I wrote a polite note….

well done fella, hopefully that’s all it takes

binners

Did you deploy all the weapons in your middle-class armoury first? Furrow your brow, tut loudly, cross your arms and glare?

If this hasn’t done the trick, you may need to deploy the A Bomb…..

The letter to the local paper!

woody2000
    Nick

Let me know when you start dreaming about what you’ll do to them whilst “washing” your gentlemens bits in the shower and I’ll recommend a good psyciatrist, otherwise chill out 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

Outside

Inside

ton

i became a miserable old git years ago. and i quite enjoy it….. 😀

GrahamS

I feel your pain. The parking at my office is astoundingly bad sometimes. It’s a small car park with very limited spaces, but some selfish busy bodies just abandon their cars diagonally over the lines, taking up two spaces.

So far I’ve only got as far as mumbling about it to the secretary, but a strongly worded passive-aggressive note is brewing somewhere deep in my Meldrew Majoris duct…

DezB
    Free Member

Next time give their car a damn good thrashing

tthew

some selfish busy bodies just abandon their cars diagonally over the lines, taking up two spaces.

We have some people who are very precious about their cars here, and do this sometimes but just across enough to deter people from parking next to then without being obvious and atracting a bollocking.

If I’m in the car, I always squeeze in that slot, even if there’s other spaces around. 🙂 Childish? Oh yes!

GrahamS

We have some people who are very precious about their cars here, and do this sometimes but just across enough to deter people from parking next to then without being obvious and atracting a bollocking.

Yeah one of the cars doing it here was a shiny new Audi with a personalised plate. And he wasn’t exactly subtle about it, I’d say a good foot or so over the line.

I’d love to have had a suitably slender old banger to park next to him, a few millimetres from his drivers door.

(Mods: apologies BTW. I didn’t realise self-censored starring out was still considered “swearing”. Thanks for the edit. Though “gits” might have been more in keeping with the flavour of the piece than “busy bodies”.)

mogrim

Green ink?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

What if the car belongs to Tony Soprano?

Harry_the_Spider

What if the car belongs to Tony Soprano?

I suspect that he doesn’t drive a white Ford Fiesta.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I suspect that he doesn’t drive a white Ford Fiesta.

It’s important to keep a low profile. Blend in with the civilians.

emsz
    Free Member

I want some stickers for when I’m running that say ” it was me who broke your wing mirror, pavements are for people not cars” for people who insist on parking half on half off the pavement.

I blame you lot, I’m not normally grumpy LOL

DezB
    Free Member

“selfish busy bodies” 😆

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Turning into a miserable old git’ is closed to new replies.