Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Turner Warranty Dept – typical time delays for email enquiries?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

I broke my Flux frame at the weekend, I emailed Turner’s warranty dept and still have had nothing other than an automated ‘we’ve received your enquiry’ reply.

A few months back I broke the rockers on the same frame and never received any reply whatsoever. I managed to get a pair off someone on here from a wanted ad.

From what I’ve heard Turner have a good reputation for customer service – am I alone in never having received any of it.

Feeling miffed Ex Flux and 5 Spot owner.

wrecker
    Free Member

Try this addy mate

gregATturnerbikesDOTcom

This bloke is mega.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Cheers Wrecker, email sent Turnerwards.

elliott-20
    Free Member

Yeah, Greg’s the guy you need. I needed some spare P-Clips. Took a day or so to reply to my mail but clips came through within a few days.

thewanderer
    Free Member

They’re only a small outfit – 5 or 6 people. Sometimes they’re all off riding and they take awhile to get an e-mail. Once they’ve got the message they have a reputation of acting quickly.

It can also be worth calling them. Myself and many other people have had Dave himself answer.

wrecker
    Free Member

I enquired about a squeek.
    He sent me new bushes, linkage and bolts FOC.
    Top chap.

Vortexracing

I enquired about a squeek.
    He sent me new bushes, linkage and bolts FOC.

same here

Greg is a great guy, very helpful and responded within a couple of days to my enquiries

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Yup Greg is the man to email. And as someone said they are a tiny outfit of 4-5 people.

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    Sorry to hijack and hope all goes well but if not I will have a Large (19″) anodised Flux (Black with polished rear end) DW for sale next week when it gets stripped down.
    Excellent condition.
    Looking for £750 plus £15 postage
    Email in profile if you might be interested.
    Cheers
    Steve

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Greg just got back to me, they are on the case 🙂

Fatgit, I’m a shortarse, so a its a medium for me. I’ve got a bid on the one in the classifieds as a fall back.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I am looking forward to tales of your legendary negotiating skills…

mcmoonter
    Free Member

True to form Turner came good on a warranty deal, even though mine was out of warranty. The standard frame replacement credit is $600 – in my case they’d offer me a $1200 credit. The new 2012 frame’s RRP is $2450, leaving $1250 ~ £800 for a new frame.

Scratches head and wonders what to do. I cant really justify spending that much, I’m off to the States for a couple of months on a big bike tour in September, and I have a 5 Spot I’ve barely ridden.

cynic-al
    Free Member

this will go only 1 way.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Al – after culling my bike collection down to a ‘rational’ number I’m genuinely not sure I’d want to blow that much on a new frame. I think last year I rode my bitsa Stumpy the most. Riding with friends meant more than what I rode. £800 is a plane ticket for a mega tour somewhere that I know I’d enjoy much more.

Vortexracing

Get them to make it a small 5 spot, instead of a Flux and I’ll give you a £900 for it 😉

That way you get your holiday and a little bit of spending money and I get to update my 5 Spot to the 2012 model. or even the 2011 one which I would prefer TBH

cynic-al
    Free Member

That is the correct answer. I suspect if you lightened up the 5 spot with the bits from the flux it would do nearly as well xc.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

That is the correct answer. I suspect if you lightened up the 5 spot with the bits from the flux it would do nearly as well xc.

Sounds like a sensible plan.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Turner Warranty Dept – typical time delays for email enquiries?’ is closed to new replies.