Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Turner sultan 29er. Has anybody ridden one ?
  • slightreturn
    Free Member

Has anyone had any experience on the sultan bike ?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Theres a few here.

TooTall
    Free Member

I’ve been riding one since 2009. Despite attending training courses, lots of effort and some actual real improvement on my behalf, the bike is still better than I am at mountain biking.
    I’ve ridden it all over the place and it has never been out of it’s depth. Easy to service, tough as old boots and superlative customer support from Turner.

rexated
    Free Member

Yes I have one….what do you want to know? I’m selling mine (large size, 2013) in case you’re interested.

Good bikes. I bought it and built it up as a big bike (!40mm pikes, offset bushings to slacken/lower it, 2.35 hans damphs) and was surprised at how well it still climbed. Was going to 650b+ it but plans have now changed so I need to move it on….

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

the bike is still better than I am at mountain biking

I wouldn’t feel too bad about that – I have the same problem with one of the original Horst Link 5 Spots I bought when they first came out 🙂

leegee

I also have one, 2011

adsh
    Free Member

I’m selling mine (large size, 2013) in case you’re interested.

Tell me more – colour, 44mm HT etc?

rexated
    Free Member

Tell me more – colour, 44mm HT etc?

black anodized, good condition, 44mm headtube, updated ‘burrito’ gusset, 142 bolt-thru rear, new-style cable guides, chris king headset, burgtech titanium offset bushings (plus originals)…drop me a line at stephenroundhill AT hotmailDOT co DOT uk if you’re interested.

Sanny
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/reviews/turner-sultan/

That should hopefully help!

Cheers 😀

slightreturn
    Free Member

It could be an option to replace my 5spot. I ride the areas of holmfirth, ladybower, Marsden moors etc. poi the odd trail centre. Oh yeh and cut gate.
    Obviously the big wheels will roll well. But wanted to know the benefits from and old 5 spot

Andy

Good review that. Yes I have one. XL 2014 in ano blue. Replaced a L 2011. Running with 140mm Pikes, 1 x 10, 29 lbs. Turners size up small with a shorter than expected top tube so trying the right size is key.

Love it. Way better bike than me, but then a 2 yr olds balance bike would be. Taken it to the Alps and Rockies. Used it on all dayers (with lighter tyres). Not the lightest, by no means the slackest HA or shortest chain stays, but does everything I want it to. Very good construction. I never have to fiddle with pro pedal on the rear shock. And the DW bushes seem bomb proof. Its competent, not excellent, but will still be competent long after “better” carbob bling blings are dust 😀 It is quite a long bike though so I struggled with the tight Les Arcs hair pins, but then I am crap though 😀

rickon
    Free Member

I’ve had a DW-Link Flux, 5-Spot and Sultan.

The 5-Spot was the best of the three. The Sultan feels more like an XC bike than the 5-spot did, build kit was incredibly similar too.

The back end is quite a bit more flexy than the Spot.

The DW-link is superior to any of the previous linkages, so it’ll feel like an upgrade there.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Turner sultan 29er. Has anybody ridden one ?’ is closed to new replies.