Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Turner RFX '08 still good enough for Enduro?
  • dothecrux
    Free Member

Planning on a trip to the trails of Trans Provence.
    Don’t have a suitable bike at the moment, but I’ve come across a Turner RFX 2008 TNT in good condition, my size and at a reasonable price. Would fit it with 160mm Lyriks, Hope Pro Iis on Stans Arch EX rims, good fat rubber and full recently Shimano XT groupset, wide bars and good Formula The One brakes.

Would you guys consider it being good enough for TP trails?
    I need to find a 27.2mm dropper post but do you think the rear is both stuff enough and the suspension good enough to have some nice six days on them trails?

Thanks
    Simon

rexated
    Free Member

Not that I’ve done the TP, but it should be tough enough, Turners are built well. You’ll probably find the bb a little high and the head angle a little steep compared to more modern geometry but that shouldn’t stop you having fun in the mountains.

Old Turners are ace. 8)

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2005 6 pack. I’ve not found anything it can’t handle and there’s nothing I’d rather be riding instead.

rexated
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2005 6 pack

Me too. Getting on for 8 years old that frame and I still trust it to handle more than I could conceivably give it…..Like I said, old Turners are ace!

Onzadog
    Free Member

They are indeed. Can’t say I’ve noticed any issue with the head angle or bottom bracket height either.

doof_doof
    Free Member

I also had an ’08 RFX for a while, great bike in its day. I found the HA on the steep side when on Alps trips, and the BB was around 14″ with 2.4 RQ’s. A 1 deg Works h/set and some offset bushes would tame both of those for not a lot of money.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Turner RFX '08 still good enough for Enduro?’ is closed to new replies.