Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Turner Owners… Chain Suck Question?
  • alexxx
    Free Member

I've got a 05 Turner 6 Pack / RFX and Im currently running an E13 DRS with a 22 and 36 tooth ring up front, every 10 or so miles I suffer from an attack of chain suck and its doing my head in!

Do any of you have setups that dont give chain suck (pref if you have chain devices on duel rings)

or can you give me any advice regarding why its happening
    thanks
    al

martinxyz
    Free Member

is the chain the same age as the cassette and rings?

alexxx
    Free Member

yep approximatly, i dont see why it'd be soo good for 10miles then just randomly do it tho seems bizarre

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dasnut
    Free Member

swap the middle to a £13 steel deore model – seems to have worked for me, I was having issues on my zesty

MisterT

sounds like it's a slightly burred tooth on the chainring. probably only enough to happen when in certain gears at the back and under certain loads… had similar issue recently.

to check, with the chain off, spin the rings whilst looking from above and watch for any teeth that are slightly out of alignment/bent.. then use finger to run across teeth and feel for any hooks/rough edges.

get your file out and smooth out the tops of any teeth that feel rough/hooked.

traildog
    Free Member

Also look at the rear mech, is it setup right and the jockey wheels aren't too worn? Also make sure you have no stiff links in the chain.
    The bike should make no difference, it's likely down to the condition and setup of the chain/cassette/mech and chainrings.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Turner Owners… Chain Suck Question?’ is closed to new replies.