Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Turner grease gun
  • mactheknife

I have found one on CRC but £40 odd is a lot more than i was hoping for 🙂
    Are there any other models out there at a lower price tag or doi have to just bite the bullet 🙁

Ta

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Just undo one of the shock bolts and swing the shock away when you need to do the zerk behind the shock, and use a normal gun.

If you don’t do that you need a screwdriver to get in there to undo the zerk anyway.

mactheknife

Cool, cheers Bud. How often do you grease the zerk fittings, i know turner say 3-6 months in the dry and 10-20 hours in the wet but just wondering if you feel the need for more often / less often.

Cheers 🙂

mudmonster
    Free Member

I bought a tube bending tool and a long grease gun nozzle. Think the nozzle was about £10. Can’t remember where I got the nozzle from, it was a link from here. Could send you the bending tool if you like? I suspect I’ll never need it again.

mactheknife

mudmonster, thanks for the offer but i have just had a text off mate stalking me on here saying he has an old grease gun at home.

Much appreciated though 🙂

Marko

I never bother with the grease gun on my HL 5 Spot. Strip out the whole rear end, clean everything and re-assemble with fresh grease twice a year.

I’m still running on all the original parts after 7 years with this method.

Hth
    Marko

Orangejohn
    Free Member

As far as I am aware the Turner bent nozzle is one of these:

http://www.billys.co.uk/english/group.php?prod=2dul-mininoz
    A DUALCO 4″ Needle Nozzle (but bent) – £11.99

Plus you need a grease gun (if you’ve not got one) – £12.99

I hand bent the 4″ nozzle for my Turner, carefully using fingers and thumbs (they are not that strong) and unless you are hamfisted they should not kink during the process.

I think the Turner one is a bit of a rip off!

Andy

Whilst on the subject where do people get the Superlube grease from or do people use anything else please?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Turner grease gun’ is closed to new replies.