Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Turner Flux rockers. I just snapped mine. Can you still get them?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

We were out trail riding this morning and I heard a crack, I couldnt see anything untoward, so pressed on. A few miles later an almighty crack and the other rocker broke.

So, I’m going to need to get a new pair, can you still get them from the UK importer, or should I go direct to Turner?

Are there any after market alternatives I should consider.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Send Turner a mail (Gregg) a mail about it – I cant see them on CRC or the Turner store

spence
    Free Member

Agree, call and speak to Greg (001-951-677-1711), if he can’t sort you out then no one can. Got me a HL chain stay last year from the parts they salvage from their PX frame scheme.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

TurnerGuy, thanks for that, I will send Gregg an email for Monday morning. As you said there is nothing on the CRC listing.

khani
    Free Member

Try a WTD add over there >>> as well, you never know….

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I would hope you can still get spares on a TNT frame, you could have bought one in 2008 and not having spares available for a bike that is only a few years old isn’t so good.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Ok, I sent an email on the Turner warranty page, I couldn’t find a direct link to Gregg. I will let you know how things work out. I’ve heard nothing but good stuff from their warranty dept in the past.

porter_jamie

as a last resort i could make some out of billet as they don’t look too complicated at all. pity you broke both of them as it will make it a little bit harder to reverse engineer!

khani
    Free Member

I found phoning him had the best result, try the number above tomorrow and don’t forget the time difference, about 7pm our time worked best for me

Gary_C

Mcmoonter, if you sent the e-mail to warranty@turnerbikes.com, that’s Greg’s e-mail.

jonba
    Free Member

Could BETD help?

http://www.mountainbikecomponents.co.uk/manufacture.asp

would be expensive to get a custom replacement!

porter_jamie

like i said they look quite simple so i could do them for a cake and the cost of the ally.

younggeoff

Hi, drop me an email I’ve got a pair as I snapped my Flux, they’re in mint condition

mcmoonter
    Free Member

There is a fair bit of machining in them, the costs of setting up a machine to make one pair would be huge.

If I dont hear back soonish I will call them directly.

porter_jamie

er, unless i am mistaken, i offered to make you some for free! never mind eh.

this here took a long time to set up to make. (billet crankcases for a rotax 604 supermono)

mcmoonter
    Free Member

er, unless i am mistaken, i offered to make you some for free! never mind eh.

I’m sorry I didn’t read your post properly.

Hi, drop me an email I’ve got a pair as I snapped my Flux, they’re in mint condition

I’ll just send you a note.

porter_jamie

no worries. suggestion – try and measure them up before you fit them, just in case. maybe trace round on a sheet of graph paper or something.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Jamie, that crankcase is pretty amazing. If Geoff’s are the same type I will try and trace around them as you suggest. They are not completely flat, but they step and taper towards the shock. It would be a fun project, I’d love to see how you would go about it.

makkag
    Free Member

if i ever break my horst link 5 spot rockers im hunting you down jamie !

mcmoonter
    Free Member

A big thank you to younggeoff who had a spare set of beefed up rockers.

Full marks to STW for helpfulness – still no reply from Turner!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Turner Flux rockers. I just snapped mine. Can you still get them?’ is closed to new replies.