Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Turner Flux owners
  • sig123
    Free Member

Just wondering how people are getting on with there flux, had mine a year now and im still undecided whether i like it or not.

sefton
    Free Member

good, although I’m now a roadie/cyclocrosser!

did Sam houghton on it and it was great (won our category too) 8)

the industry has made me feel like its old and outdated though 🙁

sam_underhill

I got my shock sorted to stop it using up the mid travel so easily, and it’s even better than before.

120mm SIDs and it’s currently in “trail light” mode with 2.25 ardent up front and dropper post. I really like it in this mode but it feels faster with 2.1 ignitors and a normal post.

sefton
    Free Member

did have it like this once which worked well, but ditched the post (heavy & clutter)

I still ride it with 120 reba uturns though

sig123
    Free Member

After looking at yours i think ive come to a conclusion that is i think i like how the bike rides otherwise i wouldnt of rode it for a year. ITS THE RAW colour that i dont like, think i need to get that sorted.

organic355
    Free Member

Love mine but got the itch to try it with 120mm forks

dickie
    Free Member

Had mine since 2009 best bike I’ve had, front triangle replaced under warranty at end of 2011.
    Just sold my 2011 5 Spot as it didn’t get used, preferred the Flux.

Running 120mm SID’s too.

Would love to try a 2014 120mm DW Flux 27.5!

CaptainSlow

Mines in raw and I’ve had it about 18months now. Still love it, still class it as my bestest bike ever. I’m running 120 XMMs, wide-ish bars and a dropper.

organic355
    Free Member

How much can I get a set of 120mm SIDS nowadays new/used?

sefton
    Free Member

I’ll swap ya for my 120 reba uturn’s?

mudmonster
    Free Member

Have a 2009 one that I bought from here. I love it. I do worry a bit that it doesn’t have the extra welds of the 2010 version. Not ridden too many other bikes though, last bike was a 2003 blur that felt a bit short.

vondally
    Free Member

Had one did not get on with it at all even had 120mm and then 130mm forks on went down to 100mm and never felt right with the DW link after having a horst link turner flux……..just got a second hand Sultan and it is brilliant love the suspension and feel.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Mines a 2009, had 100mm Sids now 120mm Magura Durins.

I am 5ft 10 and mines a medium, but maybe I should have got a large.

That’s my only issue with it. The large has 1 inch more on the headtube, so makes it difficult to swap frames as I haven’t been running with a whole inch of spacers under the stem.

Watch out for this…

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Yep, Turner said they would beef my 2009 up for the cost of sending it to them.

Mine is in California right now. How long did it take?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Haven’t had it done yet…

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Probably will send it off soon as I have just bought a large 2010 Flux frame – once I manage to get the recently fitted Push bushing out without damaging them…

stu1972
    Free Member

Love mine especially since a full rebuild in Turner candy blue.

120mm Reba’s / 70mm stem / 740mm bars ( to be reduced to 720mm)

Sam,

Who sorted your shock for you?

stumpytrek
    Free Member

Been riding my TNT version for years. Striped it down to build other frames up but always return to it. Currently running 120mm at the front which I was surprised to find improved it over the 100mm forks I’d always used before. I think it’s a classic in the making.

sig123
    Free Member

Stu the frame looks great where did you have it done, also once sprayed does the top rocker arm fit on the top of the rear triangle ok, as mine is raw and just thinking that if there is paint on it the fit will be to tight.

sig123
    Free Member

stu1972
    Free Member

Its powdercoated. WTA coatings near Annan, Dumfries & Galloway.

Candy blues or any other candy colour require a silver basecoat whether it be done by Olympic ( Turners powdercoaters ) or anyone else. Conveniently mime was already Sparkle Silver and was in excellent condition so the candy went over the top.

I have no issues with shock fitting and is in my opnion a factory quality finish.

Hope rhis helps

Stu

debaser

Had mine a just over a year (2010 frame with 120mm forks) and really like it.

Has done everything I have asked of it and only felt uncomfortable when things have gotten silly steep and technical… actually that might just be my total lack of skill 🙂

thewanderer
    Free Member

Hey Stu, I think, I sold that Flux to you.

It looks great!

stu1972
    Free Member

Correct !

Love it. Definately one if my better purchases 🙂

thewanderer
    Free Member

Glad your enjoying it. It’s a great bike!

UK-FLATLANDER

Run mine with DT XMM 120 fork and I absolutely love it, the DW back end really works – the fastest bike I’ve owned, but comfy too. 😀

Bunnyhop

mine is the best bike i’ve ever had.
    wasn’t sure about the raw finish at first but got used to it.

sig123
    Free Member

Anyone interested in a swap coloured frame for my raw one?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Size, year ?

CaptainSlow

Or paint / polish it?

martinxyz
    Free Member

What all will Turner do to beef it up? I have a 2009 in raw with pikes at 120. I wouldn’t fancy riding it at 100mm all day.

Love the bike,I tried a horst flux for a week in 2005/06 and always had that bike stuck in my mind. Bought a horst 5 spot and found it too much after riding the flux. Tried all the kit off my horst 5spot on a tnt 5 spot in a straight swap and the tnt felt a bit quicker but much and such the same.. Sold the 5 spot and years later bought the dw flux. Love it. I think I would choose the dw version out of them all.

No pics, but its a bit fugly with bad colour coordination!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I think they will extend the welding all round the taco at the top of the seattube and must beef up the bit where daves cracked above.

I had 100mm Sids on mine and it was fine, more XC than 120mm though but was always surprised at hope capable the Sids were. The Maguras are stiffer though, I think.

sig123
    Free Member

size -large
    year-2012

mudmonster
    Free Member

To get turner to the beefing up I suppose you have to be the original owner?

mudmonster
    Free Member

missed out the word do 😳

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Turner do a refurb service where the bike is repainted, etc – they would probably do the beefing up as part of that if you ask nicely:

http://www.turnerbikes.com/homepage/turner-rebuild

or they might just do it anyway if you ask.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I managed to persuade sig123 to sell me his large Flux frame:

Compared to my medium it is more stable, although I think the angles are the same. The 44mm headtube lets me run my old forks as the stack height is the same with an inset headset. Got wider bars and a short stem as well, but the apparent grip from the wheels seems a lot more.

Turner do a turner-for-turner program where I can trade in my other flux for $600 against a new turner frame, which I would have to do direct with them and not through Silverfish.

I wasn’t worried about the back end being 2010 as it is plenty stiff anyway and I run a 10mm RWS, which has a lot more torque than a QR.

The back end isn’t as plush as my 2009 as that has a pushed rp23, push bushings and the enduro needlepoint bearing shock mounts, so some parts of that setup must work !

organic355
    Free Member

why do those forks appear to have 2 “fork braces”?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Turner Flux owners’ is closed to new replies.