Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Turner DW rocker links worn out?
  • khani
    Free Member

You’re welcome, 😀

rone

Great stuff.

rone

I got the shims.

I unfortunately the ID is too small, probably by 1mm. They’re a bit thicker than the turner ones too.

They need to be 16mm I’m sure.

Will contact the chap.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Bugger. I ordered some yesterday. I have a lakes weekend at the end of the month so I’ll probably dremel out the ID abit.

Currently in discussion with Turner about shims and rocker stock, which is currently absent.

rone

So just shimmed up my main pivot on the Czar. Much better but still leaves the top rocker with play so I’m out of official shims with 16mm ID.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

This is my worry. Turner want pictures of my rockers to judge whether shimming is worth it, so I’ll include ticket tip pictures too and see what they say.

Anthony
    Free Member

If you shim behind the bush on it’s insertion, is the wear into the rocker not going to continue as the bush just gets pushed further and further out?

I just cut up some margarine tub washers and used them to fill in the ring that had worn into the rockers. Hopefully next service I’ll peel them out and replace, they have felt fine for about year to date.

rone

Yeah but I’m looking at 0.1mm wear in 8000 miles. Just put a bigger one in?

rone

these have done the trick

My rocker tip still had a bit of play so took a punt the above. Best size I could get with three different thicknesses. 0.1/0.2/0.5

The 0.2 has gone in and seemed to work.

crofts2007
    Free Member

Thanks Rone, and hello. Re. Pines on Friday. 🙂

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

So, things have crept forward a little. These have turned up.

They’re virtually the same as the ones rone has got, but the OD on these is only 21mm, so I have hopes they will do both the main rocker pivot and the rocker tips too, where space is a bit more difficult.

Rebuilding over the next couple of days so I’ll let you know how I get on.

rone

All still good on mine. The fact that the OD is a bit smaller than the 23.5mm of the original shim doesn’t seem to have caused an issue as it’s still big enough to keep the bush/top-hat proud.

Few rides on mine – zero play.

There will be a point when you may need new hardware (my mates rocker has actually cracked but he could’ve shimmed from the start and it may have prevented undo movement.)

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Yeah, this is a band aid only, but my conversation with DT suggests that it’s one that you can expect to last a reasonably decent length of time.

In fact, I basically put off sending him pictures in preference for riding, to which he said, it’s not going to get worse quickly if you ride it with a bit of play in the system.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Sooo, that was educational.

Main rocker links worn by 0.4mm on the main pivot, and rocker tips by 0.3mm.

Front DW pivot worn by 0.4mm too. But the rear one is fine. Disappointing here, since it was a new mono link a year ago.

rands5df
    Free Member

Calling Sam_underhill. I’m desperate for a pair of Flux 26″ rockers, either Std or upgraded. the LHS one is cracked and my lovely Turner can’t be ridden anymore…. Booo Hoooo. Do you still have rockers?

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Turner DW rocker links worn out?’ is closed to new replies.