Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Turner DW Flux ???
  • snap
    Free Member

Someone please talk me out of buying a turner flux ,because the current CRC frame price is a steal

How do they compare to a santa cruz blur ??

Digger90
    Free Member

I’m terribly sorry to tell you that they are gob-smackingly good!

Screw Christmas pressies for everyone else – buy yourself a new Flux! 🙂

snap
    Free Member

Also im 5.10 what size M or L

Gob smackingly good
    The card is almost out the wallet

mudmonster
    Free Member

Feel like buying another at that price.

convert

Love mine. 5.10 would make you a L I’d say.

mudmonster
    Free Member

I’m 5.8 medium is perfect.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I am 5ft 10 on a medium.

I would say that is right on the limit.

I am using a 110mm stem so if you go large you have the option of a shorter stem.

If you also go 120mm fork that will very slightly make it shorter in the top tube.

I think Dave Turner has suggested large for someone of our size on the mtbr forum.

mudmonster
    Free Member

I’m using a 70mm stem. The copper colour looks lovely

sam_underhill

I’m 5’7″ on a medium and it isn’t very big at all. I am technically on the cusp of small / medium. I’m really glad I went for the medium. Running a 60mm stem and 685 bars.

Oh….. buy one. I love my 2011 model and even at the full price I paid it’s worth every penny. Great handling, awesome climber and copes extremely well on the downhills as well (better than me that’s for sure!). The cheap 2010 models are not much different (only a few tiny details) and are an utter utter bargain.

mudmonster
    Free Member

They are very long and low which I really like as I have short legs. My old blur(first generation)was very short. I felt a bit more perched on top than on the flux.

Digger90
    Free Member

I’m 5’10 and always ride a Large from Turner – have had six 5 Spots and one Flux now.

Have ridden several Mediums and for my size they just feel too small.

Over the years as geometry has changed my stems have reduced from 90mm -> 70mm -> 50mm, but bars have got wider, forks taller and steering slacker, so it’s not exactly an apples-to-apples comparison.. more an observation/commentary on how geometry has changed between 2005 and 2011, not just on Turner but all bikes really.

My Flux was a Large, 2009 DW model and I ran a 70mm stem.

At 5’10 we are what Dave Turner calls “Tweeners” – right in between a Medium and Large. Best to bag a test ride before choosing, as so much depends on what you’re coming from before.

toons
    Free Member

5 10 and ride a medium 5 spot.

dickie
    Free Member

5’11” with an in line post, 100mm stem on a large.
    Runs fanatastic with 120mm forks.

organic355
    Free Member

do we think the 2011’s will be on sale any time soon? i really want a black one, so much so I am thinking of getting the raw or silver 2010 and getting it re-sprayed.

CRC 2011s are 1995 for the black, but tutner themselves are selling them for around £1300 (USD$ converted price)

sefton
    Free Member

I ride a 2010 flux – I’m 5 10 and my frame is medium. seams fine to me.

TimCotic
    Free Member

Well I’ve just ordered a medium Flux and I’m excited! I’m been pretty pleased with the Nicolai I bought from my buddy a couple of months ago. However I’ve wanted to try a Flux for ages but no shop has wanted to lend me one for a decent test ride, and nice used ones don’t turn up that often,so:- at 799 it seemed like a no brainer. When it arrives, I’ll build it up with the bits off my Helius and then I’ll so some test riding. I’ll keep the bike I like best. At this momtnet, I genuinely don’t know which it’ll be.

Bunnyhop

Since buying one, my riding has improved.
    It climbs like a mountain goat and descends like a light DH bike.

Get one, you really won’t regret it.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Turner DW Flux ???’ is closed to new replies.