Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Turner DW 5 Spot bushings
  • BillyBull
    Free Member

Got play in main pivot bellow seatpost. It’s done up tight enough so need rebuild kit but going to be a month before any arrive at Silverfish. Anyone ever found another source that do them even if not official Turner ones? Did email to see if could get some earlier direct but nothing back yet.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Go direct to Turner.

BillyBull
    Free Member

Already emailed them but nothing back. No stock on their site either

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sparkerfix

I must have been lucky then. Did mine about a month ago but couldn’t get any shock bolts, although sourced some locally. Is the “legendary Turner customer support” slipping a bit? Was just browsing the Silverfish site and notice the Burner frame is at an £800 premium here in the uk compared to the U.S.!! Still a fab bike though.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I imagine they’re a bit busy with the release of the new RFX this week. They’re only a small team.

adsh
    Free Member

It did take a while for stock to appear on the US site but they do ship direct to the UK when it does appear.

BillyBull
    Free Member

Cheers

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

I recently contacted Turner directly for replacement bushes and a one piece DW lower linkage.
    It took a few days to get a response as I think the company is very busy with the new bikes etc.
    But as usual they came through and sent everything to me in the UK.

How good does the new RXF look! 😀

dickie
    Free Member
    Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I hope so. They were shit.

granny_ring

Why were they?
    Was thinking of getting some if they came back in stock.

rone

If you just need bushes – go straight to Igus.

I have some of the measurements, bit of a minefield (metric and imperial, and different materials) but I’ve got the clevis, main pivot and dw link bushes for the Czar and Flux. Clevis and main pivot the same on those two.

Ironically I don’t think the bushes wear out that much, I think the shafts tend to get skimmed a bit and I’m not sure what to do about them.

Here’s what I ordered:

52 x JFI-0809-04 (clevis iirc)
    26 x JFI-0809-08 (main pivot)
    52 x JFI-1011-08 (DW for Czar)

http://www.igus.co.uk/iPro/iPro_02_0017_0000_GBen.htm?c=GB&l=en

Check your measurements with some vernier calipers.

Now if someone could help me get the lathe-cut rubber seals! I can only find O-rings which aren’t the same profile.

On the TF-tuned, I rang them and they weren’t made by them – it was another guy who doesn’t do them currently.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

You can get a quad lip seal which is effectively square section.I agree, ALU shafts wear out before the bushes do.

The push bushes moved a little bit better and wore out in 6 months. Not with it.

rone

Can you point me in the direction of this quad-lip seal SO?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Uh, not really. I looked up an industrial seal supplier in Avonmouth and turned up at their trade counter.

I realise this is a U.S. Site, but this is the kind of thing I’m talking about.

http://www.allsealsinc.com/quadrings.html

TooTall
    Free Member

Turner will get round to you. I got in touch a few months ago for some Sultan bushings that their site said were out of stock. They sorted me with a smaller set than I was going to buy because they told me which ones would be worn and which ones wouldn’t. Top people.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Hi all I got my spares from Turner about 10 days ago but no reply to emails. BUT today Greg emailed to say he was glad to hear all had gone well and that he had been out of the office / workshop as he had been getting a replacement knee fitted! May have been a back log

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Turner DW 5 Spot bushings’ is closed to new replies.