Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Turner czar (thoughts please)
  • jonnyrockymountain

Always liked the brand, any one any experience on these?

sam_underhill

Yep. Built up a czar 1.1 last summer after my old flux cracked.
    If you’ve ever ridden a dw link bike, it behaves in a relatively similar manner. Of course, being the 29er it’s super fast. It eggs me on to ride faster and faster. I wish I could as fast as it deserves.
    Interestingly, it isn’t actually that light, but it’s not noticeable out on the trails.

jonnyrockymountain

any more?

Shred
    Free Member

I don’t have one, but Ben Thomas will be on one for this season:
    http://marathonmtb.com/2016/01/26/turner-bikes-sponsor-mountain-trax-vauxhall-cycling-team/

pinetree
    Free Member

Not a personal experience of it, but FWIW a buddy of mine has one, and absolutely loves it.

Hope that helps!

rone

Me, the Gf and a mate own one.

We’re in our third year with them 8000 miles on mine. Best bike I’ve ever owned. Fast and comfortable.

I’ve had plenty of Turners and this is the best (also own a Flux 27.5). We had some minor issues with the bushes but this was sorted with a new set. The new Czar is on bearings which I’ve yet to hear anyone talk about in comparison to the Czar 1.0 but I imagine in the grand scheme of things not a huge difference more a refinement.

A lot of folk have gone for 120mm fork and I don’t get that at all – it flies with a 100mm as it was designed for.

Any more questions?

rone

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I’ve had plenty of Turners and this is the best (also own a Flux 27.5).

How does it compare to the Flux 27.5 ?

RudiBoy
    Free Member

If your looking to buy from the USA I have a cracked turner that you could use for a trade in for “not very much” money.

rone

The Flux 27.5 is still surprisingly light, so rides okay for XC too.

I prefer the feel of the Czar as it’s just so much sharper; wheres the Flux feels more a bit more leaden. There a few factors so it makes it difficult to nail it down why. But I built my Flux fairly light but equally I’ve ridden it in the Alps etc.

The Flux is the bike I take to the Peak; ride mainly in the winter and generally put on my roof rack. The Flux is a long bike on the top-tube so feels bigger.

The Flux feels more of an out-going model – you can’t help but enjoy the benefits of the Carbon Czar but then do you want to give it the same stick in the hills. However for the Kielder 101 – the Czar was the right choice.

I do hear of people “knarling” the Czar up which is great but I don’t think that was it’s original purpose.

jonnyrockymountain

Thanks Guy’s, thinking about treating myself!!!!!!

Jeffus
    Free Member

I have one for 4 months now its awesome one of the best bikes i have owned, climbs well really comfortable. Goes downhill really well i an running 100mm Sid fantastic my fork is a 120 with the airshaft changed to run 100 never feel i need more travel at 100mm. 26lb with a dropper.

adsh
    Free Member

Always wanted one.

On paper I’m between a Large and an XL. Would like the seat tube/height of the L but would prefer the length of the XL.

Because of this I got a Spearfish which I love, still tempted to upgrade my Flux to Czar but probably a bit too similar to the ‘fish and likely only 1/2lb lighter.

rone

Not a whole lot lighter than a ‘fish but the DW-link over split pivot I would say a bit better. Maybe not enough to change.

With the VTT length – yeah – appears to come up short but once you get your seat pin at the correct height comes up longer due to the lean-back of the seat tube – longer than my Intense Hard Eddie which ironically shows a longer top tube according to the spec.

Jeffus
    Free Member

I had a medium Spearfish but ride a large Czar.
    Spearfish was a great bike Czar much better downhill and i find more grip on loose stuff.
    Really liked the fish.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Interesting – wondering whether to scout around for a 27.5 Flux frame now they are finished to replace my 26 as I don’t really want a carbon bike and a Burner is too much of a bike for me.

rone

Then the Flux 27.5 sounds ideal for you.

rexated
    Free Member

*hijack*

Have been mulling over selling my large frame Czar. Ideally as a complete bike (SID RCT3, AC race wheels, XX1, XTR etc)

email in profile if you’re interested. The Czar love-in on this thread has me realising I should probably try to keep it though 🙄

rexated
    Free Member

too late to edit my post above… email apparently not in profile, but it’s stephenroundhill AT hotmail DOTco DOTuk

jonnyrockymountain

Why you thinking of selling?

rexated
    Free Member

Lots of reasons…am racing less, am thinking selling all my mtbs (not giving up, just rationalising what I have), might get a lightweight hardtail and heavier trail bike, not sure really.

Jeffus
    Free Member

I have 3 bikes the other two have just stood since i built the Czar , i have a Alpine 160 and a Thumper , Czar is just quicker on the trails i ride, it pops of the ground easy seamlessly flows cant say enough good things. Only time i had to slow up was on a really rock section of trail i hit it as if i was on my 160 bike it ploughed through but let me know it was an xc bike. I dont race its my trail bike.

Vortexracing

Interesting – wondering whether to scout around for a 27.5 Flux frame now they are finished to replace my 26 5 Spot as I don’t really want a carbon bike and a Burner is too much of a bike for me

Same here, they just seem like rocking horse $h1t

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

What size Flux would you gents both be looking for?
    We have an XL in stock but I could see if we have anything ex-demo/show that might be suitable.

I know we have a couple of Burners up for sale at the moment ….

http://www.silverfish-uk.com/Category/14029/Clearance

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I think it would be large for me. I had a medium 26 flux and changed to a large with shorter stem and wider bars. Being 5ft 10 I was right obj the edge of the size chart change between medium and large.

rexated
    Free Member

TurnerGuy, I’d definitely go large if I were you. I’m the same height and the medium would be too cramped. I use a large with a 80mm stem…could go to a 60 no problem. But on a medium I’d need 110mm plus 😯

*edit* – sorry just realised you were talking about the Flux.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

*edit* – sorry just realised you were talking about the Flux.

never mind I will remember that if I end up going for a Czar..

Vortexracing

small for me Richie

jonnyrockymountain

Well I said I was going to treat myself, first ride at the weekend and absolutely loved it, 24lbs rides really fast great climber and a lot more than 100mm on the descents!!!

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Where’s the like button?
    Love that!
    Max

jonnyrockymountain

Cheers Max, think I might have to change my forum name!!!!

jonnyrockymountain

Ps max I see your after a sync, I have a medium one based in Hudds, if your near to throw ur leg over to try?

jonnyrockymountain

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Ahh,
    Looks nice.
    Think I am gonna need a large at 6’2″
    I am boarderline so need to sit on one.
    I am also eyeing up the Stanton ti Sherpa as they do an XL.
    Thanks for the offer though!
    Max

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

How’s the Sync ride anyhow?
    Much give in those ti tubes?
    Max

jonnyrockymountain

Max
    The sync and the turner are 2 bikes I have been searching for for a long time!
    The sync feels stiff but flexible and forgiving, just feels so right, this will be staying in my garage for a long long time, I have tried a lot of bikes over the last 10 years but the sync will still be here in 10 years looking forward !!!

jonnyrockymountain

Hope this helps!!

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Turner czar (thoughts please)’ is closed to new replies.