Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Turner Burner V3.0 or v3.1
  • crofts2007
    Free Member

Is anyone still riding theirs?
    With the new RFX around I wondered if anyone had changed to this?
    I have been using my 2011 5 Spot whilst my Chumba Evo 650b is having new bearings and remembered why I had the 5 Spot in the first place.
    I rarely see any Burner frames come up for sale; which to me shows that they have been held onto by their current owners?
    It might be the next frame I try if any come up for sale. (Large)

sam_underhill

I’ve got a v3.0. Just put a pivot rebuild kit on it, finally seem to have fixed the warranty issues on the CC DB Inline shock. I live this bike. It’s playful, climbs well and is generally a really fun bike to ride. And it’s anodised orange, which looks lovely. Especially if I clean it!

Simwit

I have just replaced my V3.0. I finally got hacked off with it eating pivot shafts & only being able to buy complete kits at great expense (when they were in stock). It had also reached the point where the rocker plates had worn substantially enough against the bushings to introduce end float & they really required replacing to keep things running properly & to do the lot would have been painfully expensive.
    All that said I had it 3 1/2 years & had done a lot & been a lot of places on it. I echo Sam’ thoughts on the anodised orange too.

matt_outandabout

Paging LD to the forum, LD to the forum….

crofts2007
    Free Member

I had the same issues with the pivot shafts, the anodised frames have a reduced tolerance compared to the raw ones and seem to wear the pivots quicker and creak more.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Turner Burner V3.0 or v3.1’ is closed to new replies.