Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Turner 5 spot…..bearing/repair kit for older bike.
  • clareymorris

Hey guys….don’t know if you can help in anyway but my friend has a 2009 Turner 5 spot and needs some parts for it….unfortunately neither Silverfish or Turner continue to stock parts for this “old” bike!!!!! Take a look at the part details below if you don’t mind!!

bearing code ; TB-XCRK4 2009 DW XC FULL REBUILD KIT

Any help gratefully received!!!!

Clare.

dickie
    Free Member

Clare – have Turner told you they can’t get hold of the bearings? I ask because they offer a rebuild/referb for older models & could not offer this unless they had the kit.

clareymorris

I believe they have said they no longer stock old parts!

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

Have you actually spoken to Turner or just through Silverfish? If you haven’t already I’d recommend actually calling Turner to be sure.

clareymorris

Thanks for that, I’ve sent an enquiry through, lets see what they come back with!

debaser

That looks like the same rebuild kit as is used on all DW link Turners including the newer 27.5 and 29 inch models. Would be really surprised if it was discontinued rather than just out of stock.

There’s a thread from last year that links to a bushing supplier. That might be a good place to start if the kits are unavailable and the bolts/linkages are all in good nick.

dickie
    Free Member

If you haven’t try greg@turnerbikes.com – he’s sent me all manner of small parts FOC over the years.

OR try TF Tuned – I believe they do an alternative slippy bush for Turners.

dickie
    Free Member

‘PUSH’ bushings I was trying to think of. I think TFT sell them.

clareymorris

Thanks Dickie – sorry should have done a search first!

I’ll forward this on….

😀

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Tf tuned may have push bushings

remoterob
    Free Member

http://www.turnerbikes.com/bike/small-parts

They don’t have the one piece link kits in stock (is a new link needed?), but seem to have every serviceable part you’d need?

spence
    Free Member

Call Turner direct 001-951-677-1711 and speak to Greg, he’ll put you right.

elliott-20
    Free Member

As others have said. Four letters, one name;

G R E G

🙂

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Hi Clare

I’m not sure where your friend has got there information from but it sounds like there are some crossed wires.

TB-XCRK4 is currently out of stock with us at Silverfish but on order with Turner. We are anticipating delivery to be in Mid-Jan.
    You can find the kit here http://www.silverfish-uk.com/ProductDetail/0/11402/XC-DW-Link-Full-Rebuild-Kit-2009-

Your friend can order this kit through any bike shop.

Hope that helps.

Richie

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Turner 5 spot…..bearing/repair kit for older bike.’ is closed to new replies.