Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Turner 5 Spot seatpost obstruction – warranty issue?
  • richmtb

I recently bought a 2009 Turner 5 spot frame, it was shop ex-display so sold as new with a warranty.

I’ve been running it with a reverb so didn’t notice that there seems to an obstruction in the seat-tube. A full length seat tube won’t go down past an obstruction about inline with the bottom of the top tube.

Anyone had any experience with similar issues.

Planning to contact the shop that sold it to me anyway but just wondered if anyone had come across this before

Rich

renton
    Free Member

Yep there were a few 5 spots where a weld or something was to thick preventing a seatpost dropping all the way.

Pretty sure if I remember correctly Turner replaced the front triangle !

daveh
    Free Member

Just needs reaming. Best if you use the technical term ‘a weld snot’. 😉

organic355
    Free Member

I think its designed like that, I wouldnt get it reemed.

I had similar with my 2011 flux, I contacted Greg at Turner (greg@turnerbikes.com) and he advised seat tubes are only reemed to 8″ so unfortunately if youve got one of the longer model reverbs you will need to swap it for a shorter one.

richmtb

To be fair the reverb fits fine,

Its trying to use a standard seatpost thats the issue, obviously I could just trim the post but the seat tube doesn’t look interupted so I’m wondering if its a defect

coogan
    Free Member

Nah. My mates old seat tube was like this. Get it reamed to sort it.

Jocko
    Free Member

I had same with my 2013, got it reamed and all is well

davosaurusrex

Had two Turners with this, a 2005 and a 2011. I have whinged to Turner about it, I wish they’d sort it out, pretty poor on such expensive frames. Dave Turner did offer to refund the cost of getting the first one reamed but I just taped some wet and dry to a broom handle and set about it like a scene from an S&M grot flick! (Note to self, give xhamster a rest for a few weeks).

tops5
    Free Member

My HL Spot had this, I got it reamed ay my LBS but it always scratched up seatposts something awful – I just lived with it tbh

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Turner 5 Spot seatpost obstruction – warranty issue?’ is closed to new replies.