Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Turner 5 spot Q, main pivot bushing
  • jimr80
    Free Member

I have a 2010 5 spot and when i pick the rear of the bike up you can feel play originating from the main pivot. So where can i get a main pivot service kit online. I’ve tried google with little luck. Looking on Silverfish’s website they do the Turner – XC Main Pivot Kit 2000+ , is this what i need, i can’t seem to find one for any new models . Link below.
    http://www.silverfish-uk.com/ProductDetail/9858/10855/XC-Main-Pivot-Kit-2000-

nickhart
    Free Member

Not being funny but is it tight? Ive had it come everso slightly loose and it feels worse than it is. Also have you put any grease in it recently?

jimr80
    Free Member

it just had a full strip down i.e all journal bearing removed , cleaned and regreased. Plus new bushings to the rear shock shock eyes. All pivots have been torqued up. You can feel the main pivot move slightly downwards as the rear leaves the ground.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Is the metal pivot worn – if not you can get the new Push bushings from TFTuned.

Otherwise I think it is the XC set – look at the shop on turners site or send them a mail to check.

AndreyE
    Free Member

I’ve had this before.

It’s the main pivot, and you need either the standalone main pivot kit, or the full 2009+ DW pivots kit, not 2000+.

From my understanding, this pivot has the most rotation (not sure about the load) hence may wear out faster than others.

It _might_ help to pull out the plastic pivot hats, swap them left-to-right (maybe turn 90 degrees) and assemble back. The main idea is that the wear has ovalized them you can get a bit more (until the new pivot arrives) out of them like this.

UPD: This is the kit you need:

http://www.silverfish-uk.com/ProductDetail/9858/11402/XC-DW-Link-Full-Rebuild-Kit-2009-

It’s a shame you cannot buy the main pivot on its own. Maybe you can but then I don’t know where.

Sodajim

Email Turner first before you by one.

The was a problem with the torque setting being over stated on the main pivot resulting in the ends getting domed or something?

I mentioned mine was tight to them and they sent me a new pivot and bushings free of charge just in case it was damaged.

jimr80
    Free Member

Sodajim,

when you say contact Turner , do you mean via the main Turner site i.e USA or the UK importers silverfish.

AndreyE,

I’ll try turning the the inserts for now and see what else i can come up with in the mean time.
    cheers

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

He means Turner US – Gregg probably

dickie
    Free Member

greg@turnerbikes.com

He’s good & helpful, & might send you a free kit.

neiloxford
    Free Member

This is the part you need on the turner website:

http://www.turnerbikes.com/turner-store/38/7/partsandtools/xcatrailbikeparts/xc-main-pivot-rebuild-kit-detail

from the site: “For all models (1995 to current) including XC dw models seattube pivot”

I believe this is exactly the same:

http://www.silverfish-uk.com/ProductDetail/9858/10855/XC-Main-Pivot-Kit-2000-

They are due stock in the next week or so as I have been in contact with Silverfish & Turner about getting one.

I have emailed silverfish, and will confirm when I get a reply.

jimr80
    Free Member

Neil,

so is that kit available direct from silverfish or do i have to deal with a third party.

neiloxford
    Free Member

Hi jimr80,

They are available from Silverfish on that link, but are out of stock right now, they are en route from Turner. I doubt you will find any with the dealers, but I guess worthth a call if you have the time. I tried email and got one response offering the full kit, and no other responses. There is a shipping cost of £5 for orders less than £60.

Neil

neiloxford
    Free Member

Confirmed by silverfish…email below.

I’m out of the office today but my tech guru back there has sent me this. …

Here goes……..

To fully rebuild the frame you need

TB-XCRK3

This kit is made up these individual kits

TB-XCDWK

TB-XCMP

TB-XCDRT

TB-SDK

So he/you are correct that if it is the s/tube pivot causing the problem he will need TB-XCMP

That said I don’t think I have ever had to replace the s/tube pivot as it’s usually the rocker tip that wears.

Sodajim

Sorry jimr80 just seen your reply.

As turnerguy said I meant talk to Turner directly. Greg is indeed the fellow you want. Not saying he will do something, but there’s a very good chance he will if thats the problem.

neiloxford
    Free Member

I do wonder if the tech guy had confused the dw link bolts with the shock bolts though

jimr80
    Free Member

Neil,
    I emailed silverfish and i got the same response that their due in soon.
    I have also email Greg and waiting to see if he can help. Hopefully i can just get some press in journal bearings as the rest of the kit would probably be wasted.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Turner 5 spot Q, main pivot bushing’ is closed to new replies.