Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Turner 5 Spot, dropping chain
  • richmtb

I dropped the chain a few times on my new (to me) 5 spot at Glentress on Saturday.

I run 2 x 9 and each time the chain dropped onto the granny ring. The first time it did it resulted in a rather sore knee – gear lever interface.

Does anyone who rides a 5 Spot have these problems.?

Short of buying a chain device is there a way to stop it happening?

Could it be as simple as chain length and front mech height?

It a 2009 5 spot so it doesn’t have ISGC tabs

remoterob
    Free Member

It’s of little use to you, but I ride a 2009 5 spot with 2 x 9 (22/36) and I can’t recall this happening.

richmtb

Actually it leads me to believe it might be my crappy drive train set up rather than the bike so yes it helps 🙂

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Depends on the kit you’re running. Is it a specific 2×9 front mech? If not, it’s already standing higher off the rings than it should be.

mactheknife

Rich, i have had my 5 spot for well over a year and the only time this has happened was when i was doing the Innerduro and the bike was bouncing all over the place.

Check that the Bottom bracket only has 1 spacer on the drive side, the chain is the right length and the front mech is 3mm up from the outer chain ring. If its all good from there i don’t have a clue what to suggest.

lamo
    Free Member
    chilled76
    Free Member

Have you cut the interference piece off the front mech? Connects with the frame during compression.

Paul

richmtb

I used a SRAM mech that as top pull only. The chain length looks fine too

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Turner 5 Spot, dropping chain’ is closed to new replies.