Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Turner 5 spot cracked chain stay
  • Valleyboy
    Free Member

A above really i've cracked the chain stay (around the fitting near the bottom bush) , does any one know i can get a replacement its a 2005 model i think (bought it second hand)

Cheers

Nick

timc
    Free Member

ive ridden a 5 spot, lovely…

lot of stories of broken bikes though!

firestarter
    Free Member

think used is your only option or a nice discount from turner for a new one mate. ive seen a few back ends come up. ive been looking out for one for a while tho as a spare but seen nowt recently

lots of 5 or 6 year ones cracking ;-( all seem to be the hl ones tho mine is a tnt so touch wood 😉

dasnut
    Free Member

5 year old bike snaps shocker

Hadge
    Free Member

Get in touch with Turner and they will sort you out. It'll mean paying out for a new bit but it'll be well worth putting right. If the frames a bit tired I'd be tempted get it painted as it'll be down for a while anyway. That way then you'll have a virtually new frame then.

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

5 year old bike snaps shocker

I don't see anyone expressing any outrage?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

My chainstay on my 05 failed 5 or 6 weeks ago. Turner no longer carry the parts for bikes this old, but Greg told me they occasionally get a good one in on trade in.

In any event, Khani from this here forum came to my rescue. I'm just waiting on a shock spring and the 5spot will live again, in a slightly heavier, coil sprung, 1×9 version.

khani
    Free Member

Put WTD adds on all the forums and a search on fleabay, I got a complete back end with a spare set of c/stays (sold to scienceofficer) for £110 off fleabay off a closed down shop so they do come up now and again, and as above, ring Greg at turner to see if they have any off a trade in, also 6pack ones are the same I think
    Edit. 00 1 (951) 677-1711 turners phone number, ask for Greg wolff and remember the time difference

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

I had good help with an 06 chain stay from Turner when i cracked one last year. It was the TNT version and was replaced FOC. Im supprised they dont stock the Horst link version now as there are still loads around.

rexated
    Free Member

I had a hell of a time trying to source a new Spot rear triangle. Turner ran out of stock from that era as lots of 6pack riders ended up 5spot rears to make a lighter, shorter, lower bike (Spot and 6pack stays are different – it is the Flux and Spot that were the same) Took about a year of searching ebay, but i eventually got hold of 2 sets, one with a slightly dented chainstay, one with a slightly dented seatstay – cost me about £200 though. Bit of swapping and job done. I've got a spare 6pack stay, so if you're desperate I'd sell you the (undented) Spot chainstay for £90 posted

stephenroundhill@hotmail DOT co DOT uk

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Turner 5 spot cracked chain stay’ is closed to new replies.