Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Turkish barbers and nose hair removal torture
  • cheers_drive

So my daughter got my a hot Turkish shave for fathers day and today I decides to use it..
    I’ve never been to a Turkish barbers before so don’t know if this is normal but halfway through the shave the barber stopped and got out a reel of cotton, snapped length off, and through some black art started using it to nip off stray hairs. Wow I thought that’s neat, that was until he moved to my nostrils! OMFG that smarts, my eyes watered uncontrollably and I started sneezing, ‘are you OK boss?’ he asked, I’m sure he was smirking too.
    I supposed I should be glad that he didn’t ask for my bank card and pin number as I would have given that to him there and then!
    Next time I’ll veto the nose hair removal and opt for kick in the balls instead.

somouk
    Free Member

It’s a threading technique and what the women often have done to their eye brows.

Nose hair is a bit extreme though.

brakes
    Free Member

it’s called threading – didn’t know they could do your nose though.
    did he set fire to your ears?

Drac

When I had one in Turkey they used paraffin lamp to burn them away.

metalheart
    Free Member

When I had it done they got a dod of cotton wool, dipped it in some shit, lit it and used it to singe/burn off nasal, ear and stray eyebrow hairs.

The stench stayed with me for hours…..

Cougar

Drac, that’ll be a bugger if you ever need glasses.

cheers_drive

My ears weren’t touched, should I be grateful?

cranberry
    Free Member

The stench stayed with me for hours…..

I get that each time I go to the barbers and they napalm my ears – I can smell burn hair on the tram ride back to work, then nothing, then the next morning again in the shower.

Still I always get a seat to myself on the tram.

Davesport

When I had one in Turkey they used paraffin lamp to burn them away.

Yeah, mine uses a candle. It’s was a rainforest up my nostrils before he got to work.

D.

bearnecessities

I rip my nose hairs out. I kind of like it.

That’s weird isn’t it?

Nipper99
    Free Member

Especially the nose hair that when you give it a tweak feels like its attached somewhere to the rear of your cranial cavity. I have more hair in my ears and nose now than I have on my head and i’m really not sure of the point of ear hair.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

The burning version is weird as is the smell. But love the whole experience.

mattyfez

I pull my own nose hair out, anything thats long enough to get with my fingers doesn’t last long.

It.must grow quite rapidly though as I can harvest it pretty frequently.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Babyliss groomer – no nose hair…
    Or ear hair….
    Or anywhere else you don’t want it :mrgreen:

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Turkish barbers and nose hair removal torture’ is closed to new replies.