Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Turkish barber…
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Just had my hair cut in one, one head massage later I now smell lemony !

taxi25
    Free Member

Did he set fire to your ears !!!!

perchypanther
    Free Member

binners

Your next step is to go for a full on Turkish bath. I know it’s counterintuitive, but being brutally assaulted by a fat Freddie Mercury lookalike while wearing only a towel actually leaves you feeling..

peterno51

Your next step is to go for a full on Turkish bath.

Indeed, it’s quite an experience*. Felt slightly startled but very chilled afterwards.

*Full marbeled baths in Bursa, very James Bond.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

ears done…

cheers_drive

<shiver>
    I went to one last year the shave was nice experience but afterwards the barber proceeded to removed my nose hairs by threading. I’m still traumatised by the experience

PJM1974
    Free Member

I got on a bus the other day when I was approached by a Turkish bus conductor.

He asked “Fez please”.

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

I had a Turkish barber drag me into his shop where he proceeded to singe my ear hairs off with a flaming cotton swab on a metal stick-he then obviously decided there wasn’t enough flame so poured neat meths onto the still flaming swab next to my ear. Cue a loud WHOOMPH as the bottle ignited and sent a flame past my head, hitting the mirror in front and setting light to some artificial flowers on the way. I left. He still asked for a tip on the way out & was a tad miffed when I declined..

plyphon
    Free Member

I had one ruin my haircut once. Didn’t ever go back.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Have you ever been in a Turkish prison?

enfht
    Free Member

You mean Enfield?

cranberry
    Free Member

ears done…

Wait till you go in the shower later/tomorrow morning.

“why can I smell burning hair ? ”

holmes81
    Free Member

First time I went to a Turkish Barbers didn’t know what was coming with the flaming cotton bud. They have a knack of removing it just before it gets too hot.

Also the local Barbers to me do neck and shoulder massage whilst wrapping your nugget in a hot towel.

Rather pleaseant although Mrs Hole was a bit concerned when I came home and all she could smell was burnt hair!

Out of interest what’s the cosy where our are.

South East in prime commuter land £12 which I think is a bargain!

wilburt
    Free Member

My last trip to Turkey featured the full Turkish bath beating then a more relaxing Balanese massage.

Better than sex tbh.

tails
    Free Member

Nose waxing is a lot less painful than I thought. I like all the funny Turkish things like hot towel, threading and ear singeing, just a shame the hair cut is often a bit shit.

holmes81
    Free Member

Hair cut always great for me. Can’t really go wrong with 2 sides and back leave the top. Also I like the fact there is no bs chat about holiday etc. Just get my hair sorted etc al.

Kryton57

enfht – Member
    You mean Enfield?

Guffaw

They are daring to build a Subway in between all the kebab shops and elongated supermarkets around my way. Won’t last long.

funkmasterp

Might have to find a local one. I have no hair so buggering that up is a no go. Since turning forty and cutting my epic beard off, I’ve noticed more nose and ear hair. Burning it off sounds better than me trying to use the edge of a razor.

Anybody know of a Turkish barber near Macclesfield?

wilburt
    Free Member

Get one of those long lighters, no Turks required.

kerbdog
    Free Member

The problem with all that hair removal is you’re gonna be plagued with new growth which is often thicker and more noticeable.
    Shame it only seems to encourage ear,nose and eyebrow hair.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I like all the funny Turkish things like hot towel, threading and ear singeing, just a shame the hair cut is often a bit shit.

100% for the great one we have – if only the could actually cut hair. Now the wet shave – that is very, very good

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Turkish barber…’ is closed to new replies.