Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • turkey visa booboo – too late to amend?
  • sadexpunk

off to olu deniz in may, wifes just paid for the visas required, and youve guessed it, been fleeced by one of these online jobbies on google.

she didnt know theyd charge extra until she got the total amount, and is now really upset. ive looked at the website involved, and yep, on the front page theres a disclaimer saying theyll charge for their service, if you go through official website you wont. she didnt read it, shes a donut, question is……….is it too late?

ive read about these websites before, for renewing driving licences or passports or something along those lines, but cant remember whether theres any get-out, or whether its all done and dusted now cos payments been made, plus they advertise the charge on their website.

https://www.evisaturkey.org/#compare

are we stuffed?

thanks

jam-bo

Last time I went for work it was £10 on entry.

Except if you had a Scottish £10 note that got thrown back at the guy I was travelling with. I had to lend him some real money.

jam-bo

Just read it properly.

Contact card company.

sadexpunk

yeah it probably is a tenner still, but shes been charged £68 now. obviously the extra service charge grrrr 🙁

EDIT: its with a debit card, so a current acc and money will have gone already?

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

$20USD on turkish government website – vital if flying to istanbul to avoid visa queue which is massive, almost as long as immigration queue

sadexpunk

Yep i know it’s far cheaper to go through the government, she’s made a mistake. Just need to know if it’s too late to do anything about it.

Ta

jota180
    Free Member

Raise it with the bank as an unauthorised amount taken, see where it goes

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Service charge is there plain as day as £17.23+VAT. I dont see any way of getting out of it.

bruneep

It wasn’t an unauthorised amount was it? It was a failure to read, doubt the bank will cover that.

jota180
    Free Member

doubt the bank will cover that.

nothing to lose trying

tonyplym
    Free Member

The company are also being sneaky with their T+C by including a (perfectly legal) get-out that as soon as you click “buy” they will start work processing your application immediately, and therefore you have no cooling-off period or right to cancel under the new Consumer Contracts Regulations.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Turkish embassy website only , we went last year at 20 usd each, great service and instant

sadexpunk

yeah we not doubting theyre legal, just wondering whether online selling regs (consumer contracts regs ^^^) apply or owt so we can get out of it.

EDIT: and do any regs only apply to british companies? would my contract fall under turkish law?

sadexpunk

im absolutely astounded!!!! wrote an exploratory secure message to my bank asking if they could stop the payment.
    this is their reply……

Thank you for your message dated 08-Mar-2015.

I totally agree with you that these sites make you angry| Personally I find them extremely misleading.

The transaction for £68.00 is currently pending your account, as this transaction has been processed using your debit card details I am unable to cancel the transaction. I do not have rights to challenge the transaction as they state in the the small print that the fee you pay is a processing fee.

I do feel that you should not have to pay for this so I have placed a credit to your account today for £68.00 as a gesture of goodwill. I know that this doesn’t prevent the retailer from receiving the funds but I do not want you to be out of pocket from this.

I hope this is ok,

Kind Regards

xxxx xxxxxxxxxx
    Card Services

PS, I went to Turkey a few years ago and had a great time, hope you have a lovely holiday||

can you believe that customer service? never known anything like it, i was expecting a fob off and probably rightly so.

all credit to first direct bank. i believe their customer service always comes out top in the reviews, and i can see why now!

thanks for all your help chaps 🙂

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

That person deserves Jaffa Cakes!

Drac

Win!

m0rk
    Free Member

Decent email reply written by a person, no template used there!

jota180
    Free Member

Well done, great result

njee20
    Free Member

Incredible. Which provider? Customer service like that deserves recognition.

jam-bo

Good news. Santander probably would have charged you double just because.

sadexpunk

Incredible. Which provider? Customer service like that deserves recognition.

its First Direct mate, and yes i agree.

spooky_b329

I was reading that email thinking ‘First Direct’ – and it was!

They really do try on customer service, I don’t think I’ve ever waited more than about 3 rings, there is no automated phone system and the person has always been able to deal with every query without transfering me to another department.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘turkey visa booboo – too late to amend?’ is closed to new replies.