Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • turbos and tyre choice
  • marko75
    Free Member

Have recently bought a turbo (thanks halfords) – using my CX bike with nobbly tyres and its quite noisy. If I were to get some turbo specific tyres would that reduce the noise? £25ish from crc

thanks

Onzadog
    Free Member

Any smooth tyre will reduce noise. Turbo tyres will help a bit more and save you putting a flat spot on your proper tyres.

trail_rat
    Free Member

And as my mrs has found out… That flat spot appears in a 1 hour session on soft race tires.

lordmerchant
    Free Member

I use an old worn down road tyre, no tread left on it for road use, but seems fine for turbo duties

Jase
    Free Member

For years I used normal road tyres but recently got a specific turbo tyre, can’t say I’ve noticed any difference.

schmiken

No massive difference noise wise as far as I can tell, but doesn’t slip as easily or wear anywhere near as fast.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Find turbo specific tyres a lot better for not leaving bits of rubber all over the turbo and whatever happens to be behind the turbo.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

DC Rainmaker had a review/comment on them, found them actualy noisier and went back to just using last seasons worn out tyres.

Cant say I noticed any difference between £30 turbo tyres and £10 schwalbe blizzards.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Marko, I have an as new Tacx turbo trainer tyre in 700c. I’ll take £15 posted if you’re interested.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘turbos and tyre choice’ is closed to new replies.