Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Turbo training sessions – help
  • onandon
    Free Member

Hi all.

I’ve just purchased a turbo so I can still get some miles in during the shitty weather.
    I’m not training for anything in particular. I just want to get some exercise in.

I can bang out fast 40 mile riles on my bike, but on the turbo I have a habit of cranking up the resistance and killing myself in 30/45 mins.

So, do I replicate a ride and spin for 2 hours with less resistance, or should I continue as I am, and work it out as I go ?

Any help or tips would be appreciated.

RoganJosh
    Free Member

No, that’s what turbos are for, specific efforts to focus on fitness and recovery, look online some blokes bound to have made a full website full of interval and pyramid sessions. Do short blasts with short spells of recovery inbetween, it will help you to ride harder and recover faster when you actually go on the mtb, important with lots of little short sharp climbs etc

crikey
    Free Member

Any help or tips would be appreciated.

Buy a waterproof and get out there!

welshfarmer

Grab yourself a heart rate monitor if you don’t have one yet. They really help focus the training. I got one from Lidls for about £12. There are a couple of apps out there which are OK to get you started and stem the boredom. I use one called Turbo Tour. Very simple but does the job for a few times till you want to try something else. There is also a neat little app called Impetus which allows you to create your own custom intervals. It is basically a glorified stop watch. Since I got my Turbo early in Jan I have been on it most days and I think it really helps with my base line fitness.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

MP3 player,headphones, garage, big fan,
    heart rate monitor
    cadence sensor
    bike
    turbo
    laptop and an ANT+stick
    log into turbotraining.co.uk and do their power+ workouts with live streaming data to the laptop, free for now.

JB
    Free Member

http://www.thesufferfest.com is all you need! Mwhahahhaha welcome to hell… 🙂

jonba
    Free Member

http://www.turbotraining.co.uk/indoorCyclingWorkout.php?nav=search

Intervals are probably the best way to go

onandon
    Free Member

Thanks all,
    Thanks crikey, I knew someone would say that 🙂
    I’m also doing road and mtb miles but the turbo is convenient right now.

Some good sites to peruse 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Turbo training sessions – help’ is closed to new replies.