Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Turbo Trainers on the Cheap
  • plyphon
    Free Member

Hello,

I’m looking to get a cheap turbo.

And I mean cheap. I mean cheap ebay special cheap. Or equivalent.

Has anyone ever used the cheap £50 things on ebay?

Something like this:
    Cheapo cheapo

I mean – I would pay a bit more for something from a reputable shop Halfords/Decathlon/etc but honestly I’m looking to do this proper on the cheap as I prefer to ride my bike when I can but a few recent developments mean time is not on my side for the next month or so.

So are the cheap ones properly rubbish or enough to get the job done for a month or two?

if not can anyone recommend a decent budget jobbie?

I have a C456 with XT skewers if that makes any difference. I plan to stick a slick tyre on my XC717 rims – again the cheapest I can find!

Cheers!

12fifty
    Free Member

Check Gumtree in January…there will be **** hundreds of the unwanted presents being flogged by fat giffers

plyphon
    Free Member

hahaha that’s actually great advice.

mogrim

February is probably better: January is one week of actually using it, then 3 weeks of “tomorrow I’m definitely going to train”… before giving in and selling in Feb.

plyphon
    Free Member

February is a bit late for myself – need to really get on it first week in Jan – so I guess back to looking at budgets!

Amazon’s budget ones look better. and CRC do a cheap 9.99 slick which looks the tits.

monkeychild
    Free Member

2nd hand is the way forward 🙂

plyphon
    Free Member

I’ll keep an eye out, if not TTSO (turbo trainer shaped object) is going to have to be the way…!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Turbo Trainers on the Cheap’ is closed to new replies.